Tuesday, August 21, 2018

My Chicken Project

Finally we are getting relief from the heat and humidity. Although rain might show up here today and tomorrow. But for the whole week the highest temperature is 102, with it cooling off into the high 70's at night. Hasn't been in 70's for over a month. Just hope it stays that way, but September is usually a pretty hot month too. 
Saw this packet of sugar substitute at Denny's the other morning. First I thought it was a PC things. Turns out all the sugar substitute packages had different sayings on them. Doesn't take much to amuse me, I had to read them all. Then I asked the manager if he knew the package said this. And I handed him this one, he looked puzzled like "What the heck?"  Then I showed him all the packets were different. No one had noticed it. 
 Up early enough to see the sunrise over the desert this morning. Rather pretty. 
But on to my chicken project. This is the pattern - showing one completed by the designer. I saw it being made on a quilting show the other day so looked into it. The designer is Laura Heine from Billings, Montana. She has a fabric store and has several different collage patterns. It looked fun. Including the background it is 36 x 42 if completed without a border. 
 This is the full sized pattern. You trace it on to a light weight white fabric. 
 Lots of small fabric pieces are ironed on to fuzing paper. 

Some of the pieces I've already cut flowers etc out of. 

Some of the pieces I've cut out. 
 And then they are layered onto the material pattern and when you like the way it looks they are all fuzzed down. As you can see I don't have many cut yet.
So that's how I'm spending my days, fuzzing [fuze] and cutting and hunting through my stash for material that looks like a chicken. Should keep me amused for a while. 




2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so talented. I love your chicken project.

Carol and Bill said...

I'm just wondering what I'm going to do with it once it is done.