Monday, April 6, 2020

Sailor's Warning

Red sky at night sailor's delight. Red sky in the morning sailor's warning. We have a big storm moving in later in the afternoon. Going to last for three days! - Who says it doesn't rain in the desert. Wind has been howling since last night. Which really stirs up the pollens.

Mae a couple more masks today. These have a wire on the top part so it can be molded around our noses.
I put a light beige soft materiel on the backing. Supposed to be using 1/8th inch elastic, but I had this. And between the two pieces of material is embroidery stabilizer. Supposed to be a little bit of a filter. 
When did the days get to be 100 hours long? Cleaned out and rearranged our refrigerator and did a load of laundry. 
Started a new puzzle today, only 500 pieces, so far have the easy parts done. Should only take a couple of days.
 Maybe tomorrow I'll set up the new curtain rod and decide how I'm going to make my curtains. Or maybe not. Just started reading a new book by a favorite author - Jonathon Kellerman. Or maybe between chapters I'll bake something. It is supposed to be cold and rainy. 

7 comments:

Jackie McGuinness said...

Or maybe not, is said a lot in my head these days too.

Carol and Bill said...

Dark and gloomy this morning. Not a good way to start a day.

Kathy Tycho said...

Drank our usual beer last night and turned the music up loud..Bob Seeger "Against the wind" it definitely helped.

Carol and Bill said...

I have country music on but the old ones kind of make me sad -all the "I lost everything including my dog" songs. But love the OLD sound.

Doug and Nancy said...

Hi Carol - What fabric dimensions did you use for the masks?

Anonymous said...

Well, maybe the rain will help reduce the pollen? Those red skies are beautiful.

I want some cookies and since I do have chocolate chips and flour I shall make some tomorrow - If we were closer I would share them with you. Made banana bread - not a favorite - but son and Rex likes it but just don't find it as comforting as a cookie! Enough complaining from me. Enjoy your blog - keep it up.

Carol and Bill said...

Nancy the material piece 6 x 9 wish I had had a thinner elastic for around the ears.
Cookies sound very good, but I'd end up eating them all as Bill doesn't like cookies. I put on so much weight over the winter my watch is tight on my arm. Not good.