Saturday, August 15, 2020

Got an early start yesterday

And this is our weather for the next few days. Supposed to break some records for both highs and lows. The lows bother me more than the highs - the house never gets a chance to cool off. And no matter when you get up it is already too hot to go out and walk.  At least a few days will have some cloud cover and maybe, maybe we might get some sprinkles - that means you can count the drops on the ground. Still experimenting with the air fryer - these were supposed to be sweet potato chips. Needless to say did not turn out right - they were like chewing a piece of rubber. No matter how long we cooked them.Then we tried regular potatoes, not much better. Either not done enough or burnt. I'd rather buy them in a bag at grocery store. Did do corn on the cob in it again, both times turned out really good.

Yesterday morning I got out and about before the sun came up. The moon and the morning star - I think. Well I'm sure about the moon. 

So I walked down to the end of the park. Took several pictures of the sunrise. 
All are looking out over the wetlands desert.

Every time I looked up the sky was different. 
When I got home the sun was just breaking over the mountains. Got in over 6000 steps yesterday by end of day. 
Almost every one of our lantana plants have a palm tree growing up in the middle of them. This one kind of took over the flower plant. 
Working on a 1000 piece puzzle now. Should keep me busy for a few days.
Started this a couple of days ago, guess I was waiting for something interesting to happen to write about. 
But nothing is happening. Watched the soccer team we like get trounced yesterday - 8 to 2. Don't think they have ever lost that bad. Now the players can go home and enjoy the rest of the summer. But the Golden Knights, hockey team, won again. They play both today and tomorrow, so that will take up a little of the long days time. Also three NASCAR races this weekend. [dislike this new blogger, it does as it pleases - cannot get this to left align.  So trying justify.] 
At 7:30 it was already over 90 here. Never cooled down here last night. Bill went up to the mail box at 4 o'clock and he said it was oppressive out. 
 

6 comments:

Ruth's Life is Good said...

I am also not a fan of the new Blogger. Recently it has started bringing my drafts up in html code. The first time it happened I had no idea what was wrong and I had to get Larry out of bed to figure it out. It is so strange that they can, and do make changes to a program without any notification or documentation. That was one advantage of owning your own software.

Kathy Tycho said...

Glad you've been test driving the air fryer... I've decided I don't need one..thanks!

Contessa said...

Good for you to be getting out and doing your walk so early.

SandyM said...

Hi Carol, have you tried making donuts in your air fryer? I saw a recipe for them using the Grands Biscuits. Cut a hole in the middle of each biscuit and air fry them at 360 degrees, turning once during baking. Roll in cinnamon sugar when done. Do not have an air fryer so have no idea how they would taste but the person posting said better then from a donut shop? Bake for 6 minutes.

SandyM said...

Carol, forgot to say brush with melted butter before rolling in the cinnamon sugar.

Carol and Bill said...

Ruth - little by little I am learning work arounds for Blogger. But very time I learn one thing, another pops up. GRRR
Kathy - Bill wanted it so he could make french fries without deep frying them or putting them in oven. Works great for them. I try to make something different every couple of days. Some good some bad. Learning experience.
Contessa - well it was a good idea for a while, never getting cooler than 88 at night now. So it is just too hot to walk, even in the dark. AC came on before 7 a.m. this morning and it is set at 83!
Sandy - haven't tried donuts, but then don't really care for them. Going to try to roast some red peppers today. I did see someon e made churros in theirs, might try that.