Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Well I "Hit the Wall"

It is a good thing I had almost everything cleaned, washed, put away etc. by yesterday. When I got up I was so stiff, had to take some Aleve just to get moving. Then we went to get our vaccine. By the time we got home I didn't want to do anything. Had nothing to do with the shot, had to do with my old body just saying NO! ENOUGH!  For the past few days I've done around 7000 steps a day just here in the house cleaning etc. Yesterday less than 4000. I did do a few odds and ends that I noticed. And some just because - maybe the rats got there - laundry. But spent some time working on my puzzle and going through stuff paper work etc from the winter trip. 

This morning I woke up at 4:15 tried to go back to sleep but ended getting up at 5. Bill had been for a long time. He is now back in bed asleep. We have errands to run today - pharmacy to pick up his perscription for the right price I hope, get gas in my car, go to grocery store in search of corned beef for St Patrick's Day and Bill is going to make crepes for our son who is coming over. So have to get milk too.

I noticed poop on  the kitchen window sill so took all my piggies down washed them and the window sill. At least no new turds, that I've found, today. 

Got a new air fryer yesterday - an Emeril's Power 360. I think Bill was disappointed that I didn't even check it out yesterday when it arrived. So spend some time this morning looking at it and washing all the pieces. Might try it tonight. Well not trying it tonight. I found more turds in another closet - so more laundry.

Our son who owns the cleaning service here in Vegas came to visit this morning and brought tow of his ladies with him. The vacuumed really good - moved furniture etc and then mopped all the floors. Sure saved me some work. Thank you Mayberry's Maids. 

Not even cooking tonight. Did go to pharmacy to pick up Bill's prescription and no problem with the price. Also to grocery store to buy some corned beef. But forgot cabbage! Oh well. Next week we'll have it.

Working on my puzzle, watching TV and doing a little work on the stained glass piece I started last fall. 

Right now it looks like it might rain here, the wind has picked up and the sky is dark. That's about all that is going on around here. Which is fine with me. 

3 comments:

Kathy Tycho said...

You have every right to be tired, stiff and sore. You had a real "crappy" homecoming. So very frustrating because it's hard to know if they're old turds or new turds. Glad your son helped out.

Anonymous said...

I hope you post how you cook your corned beef. Thanks

Carol and Bill said...

Kathy - I am finally starting to feel normal. Ad today we are going to do something fun.
Will try to remember to do that when I cook the Corned beef.