Saturday, August 12, 2023

A nice sunset

For the first time in a long time, we had an actual nice sunset last night. All of June and July there was not a cloud in the sky, just too hot and dry. Now with Monsoon season we have lots of clouds, but haven't remembered to check out the sunrise, well haven't been up either. The weather is cooler right above or below 100 which is nice. But the humidity has gone up, which is not nice. Can't have everything I guess.

About 15 minutes later the sky was bright red. So pretty. 
A couple of days ago, I heard one rumble of thunder then rain.This was the extent of the rain, can actually count the raindrops on the sidewalk. Then the sun came out and it was over. Some parts of the valley got almost an inch of rain though. The wild fire south west of us in California and Nevada is 93% contained but burned 93,000 acres. Most of it areas where the centuries old Joshua trees were growing. We might or might not get rain today and tomorrow, sure hope we do. Poor plants need a good bath. 
Between playing with my DOTZ I've been doing more venetian blinds. I have three of the five done. The remaining two are behind furniture that can't be moved. The computer desks and my huge beading table. Need to figure out a way to easily reach them. Have also cleaned all the ceiling fans. Wish I could reach the bulb shades, they all need a good scrubbing, but don't want to go up a ladder and lean over couch and/or bed to do that. 
I finished my butterfly dotz picture. Thinking about how to hang it or frame it. Bill bought me this one of sunflowers, my favorite flowers. It too is now finished. Wish I could get a decent picture of them. The sparkling of the beads doesn't show up. Mostly just the glare from lighting. I want to get this one framed. AND - Bill has bought me six more to do. Mostly ocean, sunset, sunrise scenes. 
His tendentious in his wrist has gone, so one less thing to unsettle him. His eye continues to improve. He keeps saying he can drive. His long covid days are getting fewer, but the fatigue comes on so suddenly it is scary. One minute he is fine, the next his coordination is gone and he gets foggy. Lasts about three hours. Though a day or two ago he was exhausted most of the day. Yesterday he was fine all day. It is a weird and nasty thing. And depressing. For both of us. No one has idea how long it can last. I started this this morning, since then I've cleaned another blind. The one in the computer room. I had to stand on Bill's desk to do part of it so decided to do it while he was taking a nap. Just one more to go. 

4 comments:

Doug and Nancy said...

Honestly, ,STOP standing on furniture already! Now I have to worry about you too! Glad Bill is headed in the right direction.

Anonymous said...

Hmm I think you have a son that could send helpers for those projects... :) Your pictures were all beautiful

phxxer said...

Say, am I missing something.? No comments in two weeks has me worried. I hope all is well with both of you. Maybe your computer is down. Phil

SandyM said...

Hope all is well with you and Bill. We turned the calendar today to September 1st and have missed seeing a post from you in the last couple of weeks.