Saturday, December 9, 2017

A Mexican kind of day

Thursday night I decided I wanted to cook dinner - managed to go 45 days without cooking dinner. Well, except for some Italian Sausage that I did cook, so we'd have sandwich snacks. I wanted to bread the chicken breasts but for the life of me I couldn't find the three containers of bread crumbs I know we have. Also discovered even though the RV is level the stove is not. All the oil ran to the very back of the pan no matter which burner I put it on. 
So Friday morning I got busy and rearranged all the cupboards so hopefully now I can find things. Put them in more logical places and put some of the extra canned goods and coffee under the seats. Also discovered the sugar I had in the canister was powdered sugar not regular - huh? When did I ever buy powdered sugar. And why didn't I notice it when I put it in the canister? On the grocery list.
While I was doing that Bill was leveling the cook top. Should be much better now. 
Also did some cleaning and we got propane when the truck came through. And I figured out how to fix a glitch in my travel database. Yippee! That was a hair puller. I knew how I messed it up but couldn't figure out how to fix it easily. When all this was done it was only 9:30! Going to need a nap later today. 
Sunrise Thursday morning. Quite a bit cooler here now as there is a wind out of the north. Bill even has on jeans today, Friday. 
On Thursday we drove up to El Quelite with friends from the RV park for breakfast.
 This little rooster sat there almost our whole meal, complaining that we weren't feeding him 
 Got to pet the baby goat, so sweet. 
 Thought I'd check out the new upstairs dining area. Nice tile stairs.
 Looking down at our table. 
 Just part of the new dining area. 
 Across the street from the restaurant. In the spring this little street was blocked off and the center divider put in and landscaped. We were told they were remodeling the building and turning it into a hotel. Looks nice but no signs or open doors.
 I guess this is why not. The outside is pretty but the inside not so much. Long ways to go and no one was working on it.
 Isn't this pretty
Friday after all our work around home we headed to Centro, Bill wanted to pick up his watches. We parked in regular lot so Willie could also get a wash. 
Walked to the watchmaker it was 10:30 - he wasn't open. Sign said open at 9:00. Knocked on the door of his home right next to the shop, no answer. We couldn't pick the car up yet as it takes a while to get it washed so we strolled up towards the central market. Walked around in there for a while. Saw a fellow RVer from our park and talked to him for a bit. Then headed back to watchmaker. Still closed. So we continued on to the Mercado Culinary to buy cinnamon rolls. Got two. Then we decided we should eat lunch while out. Over to the Plazuela Machado to the Machado Grill. I decided to cross one thing off  my list of  'things to do this year" and ordered tacos. That's right, I've never eaten a taco. Bill ordered a hamburger. While we were sitting waiting Bill saw the cook leave the restaurant and go next door to another restaurant. He called the waiter over and asked where the cook was going. "To get the meat for your hamburger." was the answer. Well okay. Our meals were served, we both enjoyed them and it came time to pay the bill. Nope we couldn't pay. Only the waiter and cook had shown up for work - no manager. The credit card reader and the cash drawer were locked up. He told us to pay next time we came to the plaza.  Hum...wonder what he did about the other two tables that had people eating at them? They know we are always around there so no big deal letting us go without paying. 
Back to a clean Willie and on home. At least I got some walking in. 
Didn't take any pictures while downtown.
In the afternoon the Salvation Army brought over some of the children from their home to put on a show. Beautiful children and wonderful dancing. I did take my camera, but hadn't checked it - the battery died as I took the first picture. The Christmas shows are how they raise money to support the home. The children have been taken from abusive or neglectful homes. Most stay until they are 17 or 18. 
It got downright cold here last night, had the little electric heater running all night and I've got on long sleeves and pants as I write this. Bill won't get up cause it is too cold. 
Thank everyone who  commented on my last blog. The most comments I've ever had. I personally like to put in the pictures. The blog for me is more about life in Mexico then about us. Pictures are the best way to share. 

No comments: