Sunday, April 21, 2019

Unexpected Sunday field trip

Kind of been a do nothing week. We did splurge on a Crock Pot. Haven't had one in years so thought I'd give it a try. Only used in once so far. Chicken with potatoes, carrots and onions. Pretty good. Very basic one High, Low and Warm. I do like the fact that now the ceramic pot comes out and can be put in dishwasher. My old ones all had to be washed by hand while trying to keep the electrical connection dry.
 Have taken a couple of short walks earlier this week. All the new houses they are bringing in here are the same color. Reminds me of the Stepford Wives. 
 Lots of the bushes around the park are starting to bloom. The roses this year are spectacular. Bill's jasmine is full of flowers and smells so good. 
 On Friday after my walk I ended up taking a nap. Got up from the nap feeling crappy. No real complaint just ugh. Well by yesterday I was really feeling crappy. I did take a walk in the morning thinking it would get my get up and go working. Turned out my get up and go got up and went. By afternoon I felt terrible. Coughing and feverish. Spent most of the day right here. 
Had a terrible night last night bad enough we headed for emergency early this morning. Diagnosed with a case of the flu. I have never had the flu before. Don't like it one bit. The doctors told me it would last about a week. To drink lots of fluids and take naps. I sure hope Bill doesn't catch it. 

9 comments:

Jackie McGuinness said...

Time to relax and take care of yourself!! Get a flu shot in the fall.

I like my crock pot.

Mark said...

Hope you feel better real soon. Bill can now be your nurse like you were his in Mazatlan a few months ago.

Kathy Tycho said...

Get well..everyone gets sick now and then.

Teaspoon said...

Very important for us seniors to get the flu shot..they even have for especially for seniors. Hope you feel better soon.

Carol and Bill said...

I was so smug about making it through the colds etc. going around the campground...pay back I guess

Carol and Bill said...

can't take the flu shots have sever reactions to them.

Carol and Bill said...

No such luck with the nursing - he now has flu too.

Carol and Bill said...

found lots of recipes on line to try out. Going o be doing a lot of relaxing and of course Bill is now sick too.

SandyM said...

So very sorry you have the flu - not a fun thing. Hope you enjoy the crock pot - some things I like made in it others I don't - just trial and error to find what you like. Soups and stews are almost always good. Feel better soon.