Friday, March 11, 2022

Minerals and gems and camel

 Right now it is 6:15 a.m. I just got up and Bill just went back to bed. No idea how long he was up. The car is hitched, the tanks empty, all that's left to do is unhook the power. He got every thing else done yesterday afternoon before it got cold. Another dose of reality. We got two medium pizzas for dinner last night $36! I think I may be doing a lot of cooking in the future. We'll see. I hate to see how much we spend on our first outing to the market in Vegas to restock things. 

The wind has calmed down, last night it was REALLY blowing. So will be on the road sometime this morning. No rush. When we get home we get home. I don't know if we will be able to put the RV in the storage area or not as they have been repairing a big water leak there. Tore up all the asphalt and now are working on the concrete block walls. Still no gate for the area. 

We wandered around Quartzsite a little yesterday morning. I love any thing that is "The world's largest" So had to take a picture of this. 

All kinds of strange things to check out. 
Hum...I never notice this before. 
Found another camel. This one is pretty clever. Either last fall or last spring we drove around and found several camels. Took picture of them then. I think this one is fairly new. 

I think the place was called Gem World or something like that. Any way we stopped and went in. My goodness all the interesting stuff. A huge geode. Over two feet tall.
I mean this place is REALLY big. Could spend all day in there and not really see every thing. 
It is a good thing I've kind of stopped beading or we would have had to hire a trailer to take things home. Now I look at all the things and think "Just more stuff the kids will have to get rid of." I know morbid, but true. All kinds of beautiful beads. Racks and racks of them. 

Caught my eye - makes you want to pick them up and just feel them.
No idea what these are. but sure pretty. 
A whole aisle of these. Some polished and some just slabs. 
And lots of this. Nature is so amazing. 
No idea what this rock is but it sure is pretty. Reminds me of opal. 
Actually got out of there without buying anything. Then we stopped at a leather store. A few years ago it would have been hard to Bill out of there but times and hobbies change. Then stopped to order take out pizza. Glad we wanted to take it home the place was PACKED. It is funny I hate wearing masks but mostly have continued to wear them when inside markets etc. Didn't have any with us yesterday as we hadn't planned on stopping any where. But when we went in to order the pizza and there were no masks in sight it felt weird and scary. I wonder how long that sneaky fear will remain buzzing around our heads. After ordering we stayed outside until time to pick them up. 
Spent some time yesterday gathering things in bags so will be easier to take them in the house. Trying to remember the things that are easy to forget. And the things we want to take in right away. 
Today is 147 of this years trip. I will be glad to get home. Will try to post, but know we lots of work ahead of us for a few days. UGH. 


No comments: