Tuesday, May 9, 2023

More cooking to pass the time.

Didn't realize it has been a week since I posted. Not really much to post about. Yesterday I did convince myself to get out and walk again. No excuse not to as weather is perfect. 

Some wildlife in our back yard. We have four hummingbird feeders out and this one is almost empty while the others are still full. Not sure why they prefer this one. 

There are a couple of bunnies that pass through a couple of times a day. They are so cute. 
Bill got a new keyboard for his computer and a light that goes above it. Much easier for him to see. His vision keeps improving little by little. Next shot is in 9 days. Hope it continues to help him. 
My puzzle early last week. I try to work on it every time I pass the table. Usually can find a couple of pieces. This has the easier part done. 
We spent one day making empanadas - Argentine meat pies. The meat mixture. 
I had the dough, I buy it frozen. Too much trouble to make it by scratch. 
We made five dozen. Lots to freeze for snacks. 
First couple of batches.
By the end of the week I'd finished the puzzle. It was a challenging one. But fun. The two lower corners were the hardest parts. 
Been rereading a lot of my nook books. Especially the series ones. Also been recording some old movies to watch. Like The Long, Long Trailer and April in Paris. Like I said OLD movies. What is going on with the Hallmark Channel, only one new movie a week. And rerunning the same old ones all the time. And why do they put so much music - can hardly understand the actors. Thank goodness for closed captioning. 
Cleaning and doing laundry today. Miss getting the laundry done like we did in Mexico. Also a lot more area to clean. 

6 comments:

gumo said...

“The Long Long Trailer “…… one of my all time favorites…..I guess because I can relate to the many chaotic moments in it and my own experiences…. Whew!

Ruth's Life is Good said...

Your empanadas look terrific!! I learned how to make them from one of your Blog posts years ago. I use the Goya frozen shells and the empanada presses that you showed. I don't make them all that often. I think the last ones I made were for dessert and I used apple filling.

SandyM said...

On my, the Empanadas look delicious. I remember the blog where you showed what you use to crimp the empanadas and remember it as being bright red. Did memory serve me as it not always does?! Anyway enjoy all goodness of your efforts.

Anonymous said...

I could not agree more about the music covering dialogue. But I’m older so…… smiles to you both from the Kitsap peninsula in Washington. Dirk

Doug and Nancy said...

Beautiful header picture!!

Carol and Bill said...

Gumo - some time I'll have to write about the trailer we took across mountains from Idaho to Wyoming. What a mess.
Ruth and Sandy - OMG I completely forgot we had the empanada press. I need to go looking for it.
Dirk - boy you really get around the world.
Doug and Nancy - thanks.