Saturday, October 21, 2023

More wild life on last walk

 It still feels like the middle of summer, going up to 96 here today and in the 90's again tomorrow. But Sunday the winds pick up and blow Fall in, I hope. Going to be a big change. Will make for nice walking with out having to get out so early. Got in over 12 miles this week. 

More and more water fowl around. He is kind of hiding in the bushes. 
These guys took his usual spot. 
More of these every time we get to the river. 
Check out those legs!!!
Mr coyote was walking down the path in front of us. He is checking out the little creek over in that section. 
Must not have been anything interesting there as he came back out on the sidewalk. 
The other birds are still in the heron's preferred spot.  He looks like he is sulking. 
This one was just standing very still watching for something to pass by. Never moved a bit while we were watching.  
Working on a stained glass sun catcher but forgot how it goes together. Need to find the one I made years ago to see how I did it. That's about it for around here. Time to go for today's walk. 

4 comments:

Grandma on the Road said...

That white bird with black legs and yellow feet was a snowy egret. I once almost hit a whole flock of them in Florida. They were in the center of a divided highway and took off my way. All I could see through my windshield was white and black. Luckily, I think the wind from my motorhome blew them away from me because I did not hit any, but they were really close.

Ruth's Life is Good said...

Our temperatures here in central Texas have also been in the 90's. Certainly warmer than is normal for this time of year. Starting today it's Suppose to cool down into the 80's but night time lows will still be around 70. It would be nice to see the 50's like you. That coyote is probably staying well fed there in the wetlands, doesn't have to go far to hunt.

Carol and Bill said...

Judy, thanks for you information. Those long black legs are weird. Glad you weren't hurt with your fall.
Ruth - I guess temperatures are weird all over now. Glad you enjoyed your fall trip. Sounded fun.

Contessa said...

Love that first heron photo with the yellow along the beak and the eye.