Friday, April 28, 2023

Friends in The Wetlands

Not doing too much but did get out for another walk on Wednesday. Have to get out early as the weather has heated up quite a bit. Sunday will be close to 100! One of our neighbors has some beautiful iris blooming. 


Walked alone again. Kind of at my own pace, just enjoying nature. So hard to believe all this is just behind our home and in Las Vegas desert. Some of the trees are starting to bloom. 
Found my way to the Boardwalk Pond. Guess it is called that because there is a wooden deck type path to it. The geese were there again. I still can't tell the male from the female - their tails look the same to me. Males have rounded tails, females have pointed tails...
How many turtles can fit on one rock. A whole bunch of them. 
These guys are either anti social, or didn't find a space on the big rock. 
This one is ignoring every one, likes the water better. 
Whoa! Had my back turned when he flew up on the railing. Though he was after me for a second. 
Nope just hanging out.
Then he started in honking. Turn up your sound. Lots of other birds around too.
Rested enough time to start moving again. Just a little creek along the trail. 
The bench in the Willow Grove was calling to me.  I gave in and visited it for a while. 
Don't know who was more surprised me or him when suddenly he was in front of me. 
Another one of the ponds with lots of visitors in it. 
It is a fairly big pond.
Looking out towards the mountains in the south east valley.
Another creek. So much water in here this year. 
And this is Vern's Pond. Ducks and bullfrogs. Can't see the bullfrogs but can sure hear them. 
More flowers blooming in the desert.
One of the trees with the pink blooms, the whole tree is pink. 
The last path leading to home. Walked 2.03 miles. With all the sitting took a little over an hour. So nice to be outside.
On Thursday Bill went to our primary doctor. I called Wednesday and had the appointment for 9:45 the next morning. Wow?! He agreed it is long Covid, but wants him to get his lungs checked - just to make sure nothing else going on. He also has an ear infection, that he got antibiotics for. Boy can anything else go wrong for him. That doctor is 13 miles away and there is major construction going on every road that goes there. Grrr..... Bill says he can see a very little bit better with his eye. Two weeks today since the first shot. Hope it is working. He actually had a good day yesterday, only a nap in the afternoon. Today he seems pretty active too. I, however, took a nap after my walk this morning. 

2 comments:

Grandma on the Road said...

Nice photo of the quail! They are very hard to get to hold still long enough for a good photo. I used to have tons of empty photos or ones with just the tails showing as the birds left until I started tossing a bit of seed for them--slowed them down. Can't do that in a sanctuary, however.

Carol and Bill said...

Judy - I haven't put any seeds out cause they bring on the pigeons too. In the yard. Also don't think the Wetlands would like it there.