Sunday, April 16, 2023

Walk in the Wetlands again

 Saturday morning took a short walk in the Wetlands behind our home with a couple of friends/neighbors. ASnd I do mean a short walk. We were out there for about an hour but only walked about a mile and a half. Our first stop is a small lagoon full of turtles. This one has a red neck and looks like moss on his shell.

Just some of the scenery. None of the trees are really blooming yet. 
The next stop was a bigger lagoon. A pair of Canadian Geese were showing off for a cub scout group. 
It is so peaceful out there. 
Several turtles sunning themselves on a rock. 
I was surprised to see the cub scouts pack 29 had both boys and girls. Guess I am behind the times. Are there still Brownies? Are there boy and girl Brownies?
This side of the Wetlands has a lot of desert in it. 
A lot of carp in this pond. 
And two Koi fish. Didn't see the other one yesterday. 
Both male and female geese are the same color. Their tails are different. Females have pointed tails, the males rounded tails. Also have different shaped bills. And ones - forget which - neck is thinner. Kind of hard to see the tails to tell if it is rounded or pointed. 
Just more scenery.
Yesterday morning before the walk, I planted the rest of my flowers and cleaned off the patio. Put the "fake" flowers and rest of planting dirt in the shed. So should be ready for re-inspection tomorrow or next day. 
I fell asleep on the couch watching a race. I still get more tired than I normally do. 
Yesterday wasn't a good day for Bill. He was so tired he spent most of the day in bed. I make sure he gets up and has food and water, but it is exhausting for him. I wish there was something to do for him. His eye no longer bothers him. 
At least our AC is working good. 


3 comments:

Doug and Nancy said...

What a peaceful walking spot. Everyone goes to Vegas for the lights and flash but I love the quiet and nature of where you are located. So different from the "Vegas" thing. I guess all you can both do is rest, rest, rest.

Grandma on the Road said...

I looked it up and that single turtle is a red-eared slider turtle. They seem to be common as pets, so maybe someone dumped him there.

Judy

Carol and Bill said...

Doug and Nancy - I like going out there and getting away from every thing. So peaceful out there.
Judy - Well at least he is enjoying himself out there.