Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Still warm here, still just staying home.

Bill saw a big coyote in the back yard the other morning. (no picture) Maybe the one that left all the pigeon feathers out there. The next day a road runner visited us.  Glad they didn't meet up. 

Finally! After over a month, might have a solution for our air conditioner problem. The technician (fourth visit, two different companies, four different technicitions) that came last Friday took one look under the house at the supposedly leaking pipe and said, "Nope! I'm not going under there until you clean it up. There are spiders under tahere". No kidding. BUT he did come up with an idea. He had a dye that he put into the pipe, IF it is leaking it will spray out and leave a fluorescent green spot in the dirt. The dye also has a sealant in it so it might plug any hole or spot that is leaking. So... now we wait until next spring to see if it got sealed or if it is leaking. Then...who knows. 

The weather is still way above normal. In fact we've only had a couple of days at normal - 104/105. We're under another heat advisory with temps up to 115. By end of next week it should be near normal for a few days. Also expecting maybe some rain from Monsoons - hopefully. 

I have finished my three "fall" theme throw pillow covers. Next will be Christmas, but don't feel like doing any sewing for a while. 

A bigger look at the last one I just finished. It was fun doing it. I am finally out of thee blue sky clouds material. 
Bought a six pack of Christmas diamond painting pictures. Starting on this one. Nope, no idea what I will do with them when they are finished.
I have this set finished and framed. Trying to figure out where to put them. Hard to get a good picture of them, prettier than the picture. 
Been cleaning things out and getting more things ready for Goodwill or trash. Cleaned out my Craft Closet and discovered I have a lot of yarn and knitting needles and a project I started many years ago. Might try to finish it and then decide if I still like knitting or not. If not. All will go to Goodwill. 
Been getting a lot of questions about the RV. When are you going somewhere being the most asked. Well not until it cools down a whole lot. First thing we need to do is clean the inside of the RV. Need much cooler weather to do that. It was given a good cleaning when we got home a year or so ago. But just sitting dust manages to get in it and the heat bakes the dust to cement. Won't take long when we get started, but... Might think about going somewhere in later September. I do not have a problem with driving it now. I was just afraid of it before. Of course I will be careful until I have some miles under me and won't take a very long trip first time out. Son sent his ladies over today so I am confined to computer room. Caught up with us not doing anything now. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have finally read every post of yours. We have been busy sorting al of our possessions and selling or donating things. Lots of showings on our home but no offers. Glad to hear that life other tan been so very hot is back to you new normal for now. Contessa

Carol and Bill said...

Hi there, been reading how busy you are. Don't over do it.