Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Hot time in Sin City for a week or so.

 Since I took this snap shot the weather for Wednesday through Friday has got up. Looking at +110 for a few days. UGH!! Never getting cooler than low 80's at night. So no more walking in Wetlands until a break in the heat. Last week though I got in my 100th  mile in for this year so far.

Continue working on covers for throw pillows with a season theme. The beginning of this "summer" pillow. I had all the material, just had to figure out how to put it together. Did some actual quilting on it.
The finished product. I now have a third one in the making, have the front of it done but need the backing and decide if I'm going to use cording or ruffles around the edges.
Our last walk in the wetlands on Saturday morning at 6:00 - we saw a couple of jack rabbits, first I've see this year. See lots and lots of little bunnies.
Also managed to see a couple of the young owls. There are four young ones and the mother and father, but they are really had to find up in the trees. Mostly have all of their adult feathers now. 
Last month, Bill had more good days than bad days so he made use of them. Cooked a whole bunch of chicken milanesa, just a few of the pieces that will go in the freezer. 
He also made about eight quarts of spaghetti sauce. Also portioned out and in the freezer. 
Our son came over one day and put t he stationery bike together. It would have taken us a whole day, he did it in about a half hour. So far Bill has used it twice. Now he needs to make a habit of it. 
Just finished my third "summer" throw pillow cover. 
Next I'll start working on "fall" theme ones. Don't think I'll so any more with ruffles though. Forgot what a pain it was. 

7 comments:

SandyM said...

Love the pillow with the butterflies; just beautiful. Also like the photo of the owl peeking at you from behind his wing…that is what it looks like to me. Wonderful to got to 100 miles before the hot weather set in….you will keep on going when the time is right.

gumo said...

I’m glad y’all are doing well.
111° yesterday here in Texas. The highest in the country. Yuk!
I’ve been re-reading your book from long ago travels and I never tire of your journey.
Stay cool this summer!

Nancy Kissack said...

WOW!! That first pillow is a dazzler!! Haven't seen any jackrabbits in our country for 30 years. Love seeing those long ears!!! Its going to be tough this next week ... stay cool!!

Payson48 said...

High temps over here near Phoenix also.
Great job on the pillows - so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Cool and showers here in northern BC. Good to see all your projects😊

Jackie McGuinness said...

Gorgeous cushions! I don't want those temperatures, but it would be nice if we got some sunny days! I've never seen a May and June that have been so cloudy.
The owls are adorable.

Carol and Bill said...

Sandy - thank you - I enjoying sewing. Looks like it will be a while before I get out to walk again, heat wave continues.
Gumo - good to hear from you. Glad you are still enjoying the book.
Nancy - It is always a surprise to see a jack rabbit. Only see them once in a great while.
Payson - Thank you. Guess our whole area is going to have a HOT summer.
Send some cool and showers this way we could use them.
Jackie - Bill suggested the layout for the butterfly pillow. Come visit Vegas we have plenty of SUN