Friday, January 19, 2024

Used my brain! and El Quelite day trip.

When ever we drove the RV anywhere I've kept track of our expenses using an Acess database. Thought I'd use it this year too. But discovered too many of this years expenses were too different from being in an RV. So I set up an Excel spread sheet. Very simple one - no calculations. Well decided that didn't work for me. So dug way back in my brain - haven't used Excel calculations in years - and figured out how to add totals and them to convert pesos totals to dollar totals. I know if you use Excel on a regular basis that is very basic, but took a while to dredge it up and get it to work. Yippee!

And all that before our day trip to El Quelite. Mark took the bus from his condo to our hotel room. Jose, our driver, picked us up and we met our friends Sheldon and Debbie along the road. They were driving their own truck. So here we go. I was riding in the back seat of a Safari - a golf cart type taxi, so didn't get a good picture of the arch on the way in. 

A colorful hotel on the way in. 
We all got parked and walked around some before going into restaurant. Lots of horses waiting for a rider. 
Taken from inside the restaurant, El Meson de los Laureanos. It is a very pretty place, lots of ambiance. 
Just one of the many decorations inside it.
Lots of birds and chickens and iguanas wandering around inside. Bill likes to feed the roosters.
There are lots and lots of plants and colors in the restaurant. 
And iguanas. The very first time we ate there many years ago there two iguanas up in a big tree and one of them pooped on my head and back. The waitresses rushed over, took me into bathroom to wash my hair and gave me a blouse to wear while they washed mine. Ever since then I've been referred to as "the iguana lady."
Another view from the inside. 
Bill talking to one of the waitresses, Dora, she was there and helped me clean up after the iguana. Known her for many years. Also with Bill is the owner of the restaurant, Dr. Marcos Osuna. 
Another wall inside. 
A nice vase inside under a huge bougainvillea. 
Colorful buildings across the street from the restaurant. They were repainted last year. 
Another colorful building. A lot of the buildings are painted in front, but side walls are left unpainted. Bill calls it "a mother-in-laws" paint job because she just sees the front of the building. 
Looking back out the outside of the restaurant and just some of the flowers around it. 

Beautiful flowering vine coming over the wall. 
The church in the background. Bill and Sheldon walked into my picture. 
Walking around the plaza, interesting root system for this tree. 
Hand painted hats for sale. 
And I'm going to stop here for today. Have more pictures as we explored another part of the town. Could spend two or three days there looking at different things. Love all the colors and plants and friendly people. Great time had by all

3 comments:

Mark said...

Was a fun day indeed.

Doug and Nancy said...

Yahoo!! If we have to sit in the cold this winter, I'm glad you are having fun like always!!

Carol and Bill said...

Marl - first of many I hope.
Doug and Nancy - beats sitting around home.