Thursday, October 26, 2023

Keeping busy.

Well weather is changing here in Vegas. Just turned on the heat, hope I figured out the new thermostat. It isn't really cold in here but want to make sure it is working as in a couple of nights it will be down in the 40's and highs of low 60's way too cool for Bill. Seems like it is working. 

Been walking a lot - Wednesday we got in 3.5 miles. Mostly strolling not fast walking. Not going out again till Saturday. Bill has an eye shot today. Not sure what is going on with his eye. His sight got better after the last short but about 20 days ago it got worse again. Guess we'll find out today. 

I put up our Halloween decorations, just inside. Made these cute place mats a while ago but this is the first time we've been home this late in October to use them. 

Same with my sun catchers. In November I have some Thanksgiving decorations to put out. If I can figure out where they are stored. 
A window hanging I made years ago. There are five different panels.
And I am still playing with the Diamond dot painting . Have finished two more of the set of six that Bill bought me. This one is finished now, when I took the picture I had about one inch to complete on the top. Turned out prettier than I thought it would be.
Another one I finished. No idea what to do with them. That's the problem with hobbies and crafts. What do you do with all the stuff you make?
Also made a stained glass catcher. Forgot how much I like working with the glass. This is for a friend who is going through Chemo. She is one of the ladies I walk with. The butterfly's wings are at about 45 degree angle from flower. It is a fun one to make. 
And that is about it. Oh, was reading a Facebook page about traveling in Mexico. The last 300 miles of the road before Mazatlan is worse than it was last year. Over 34 comments about it. So that might help make up our minds about wanting to go again or not. Still undecided, but if we do go won't be until January or later. Bill's birthday was last week, he is 87 now. So that figures into whether we will go or not too. We'll see. He has almost convinced me to learn to drive the RV. Almost...at least I got my driver's license renewed for another 4 years. 

4 comments:

SandyM said...

Another beautiful Header Photo. Could you be comfortable in a smaller unit and no toad and away you could go? I drove the Road Trek but that is a VERY little RV but it does have all the stuff in it you need. They drive beautifully but really small for months at a time. Good to drive to and from and rent a little place while in Mazatlan. They are small enough to park on the street. We fly in January as my eye dictates how long we can be gone. Good luck with making your decision.

Nancy Kissack said...

I've seen those Diamond Dot projects in person. They are so pretty! I think I would put them all on one wall in a collage type arrangement ... that is if you have a free wall. That's my problem, no wall space.

Contessa said...

Most people do crafts to give to friends and others to donate to a charity so that money can be made for the charity.

All of your work is wonderful.

Knowing what I know of you I am confident that you can drive your RV especially with Bill as copilot. But it might ver a good idea to take an RV driving class first. https://swtdt.com/programs/rv-training/

Can you please send me the link with all the comments re the Mexican roads, gracias.

Hoping Bill's eye improves quickly.

Janet said...

Love the stained glass, wish I could put some up but put solar and pleated blinds on all the windows. Hope the doc can figure out what is going on with Bills eyes. Would you consider spending the winter in someplace like Yuma?Still cold but warmer than Las Vegas. We spent our last winter south there, and stayed on a lot in the foothills. Lots to do, car shows, rodeos, airshows, concerts. I was surprised because we had always stayed in the Colorado River and we enjoyed it.