Have discovered a couple of things that have changed since the repair work has been done. Come to find out that the old microwave that was above the stove had NO venting ability. Since we've been living here I never could figure out why all the glass and wood furniture got so greasy. I would dust and dust and nothing ever looked clean. When we moved all the knick knacks off of everything I discovered that everything was sticky - a layer of grease was coating everything. No wonder they never looked clean after dusting or using Windex to clean them. So scrubbed every hard surface in the house to remove the grease. Now with the new microwave that has a vent to take the cooking fumes out everything is staying clean. Just a quick dust to make everything sparkly again. [I know I should have discovered that before but had no idea the old microwave did not have a venting capability.]
Also with the new flooring - it has a wood grain texture to it - the furniture has stopped slipping all over every time we sat on it. I used to spend half my days putting the chairs and couch back where they belonged. Well I exaggerate a little there but...
The sunrise a couple of days ago.
Today I had an appointment with the doctor to get a new med for my chronic hives. No longer can get one of the ones I've been taking for years, Zantac. I was supposed to be there at 3 o'clock, half way across town. Yesterday and today and tomorrow at 3 o'clock it is/will be about 114/5 degrees out. No way do I want to go out in that. So postponed it for nine days and then will go at 9:30 in the morning. The electrical company issued a "conserve energy from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m. request" for yesterday and today. Hoping to keep the power grid up and running. And to add to that there was a water leak in the community where we live and the water was shut off for part of the afternoon to fix it. Luckily the office always sends us a text when there is a problem like that.
Also very smoky out from a fire just across the state line in California. Cannot imagine being a fire fighter in this heat.
For over a week the coolest it has been at night is 88 - never give the house a chance to cool down. Yesterday the west part of the valley got thunder and heavy rain storms, we just got heat and high winds.