Thursday, January 25, 2024

Breakfast out and window shopping.

Tuesday was a rather quiet day for us. Bill had a back ache when he woke up. Says the mattress is too hard. When he got feeling better we walked next door to Pancho's for breakfast. These guys are running internet and TV cable under ground. 

Bill had a hamburger and fries for breakfast. 
I had scrambled eggs, bacon, toast and chilaquilas. Probably not spelled right but they tasted pretty good. 
The center piece on the table. Flowers made from died corn husks. Rather cute. 
Just had to take another picture of the Pancho's apron. Story original owner of restaurant made a sign to advertise it. Really read it, it is funny. 
Then we walked next door to Michael's a store that has some beautiful things for sale. These were in the window. I like them, Bill thinks I'm nuts. 
Outside of the store.
Took some pictures of things that just caught my eye. A set of dishes. Like them for decoration but don't think I'd enjoy eating off them. 
Wow I would love to have this chest. They would ship it. But I think it is too big to go where I'd like something like this. The picture doesn't do it justice. 
Wouldn't he look great sitting on our couch?
A tiled table top. 
A basket gull of little dolls. So cute. What I liked in the store I couldn't afford. what I could afford I sure don't need. 
Want to buy some shrimp from a guy standing in the street? Not me.
Later Sheldon and Debbie picked us up in their BIG truck and we went to Mega for a quick shopping trip. Glad to see the baggers are back at work. Guess what? I didn't realize we were going to go to Mega so didn't take our bags. So we now have a new shopping bag - At least everything fit in one bag. Just add it to our other 1047. Just kidding we don't have quite that many. 
Then we went to their place, they are renting a home here for the winter. Sheldon had a drone he wanted Bill to guide him through setting up. Spent quite a bit of time getting it ready to fly. Then there turned out to be a problem with the camera on the drone. But I did get one thing done. The strap on my Fitbit broke the other day, luckily I felt it go and caught it before it hit the ground. So while at their home I used some of their electrician's tape and fixed the strap, hopefully it will hold until I get home and can get replacement straps. Could have used Duck tape but think the black looks better than silver for repair. It was fun visiting for the afternoon. Then home to rest and relax. Weather remains quite cloudy and gray and humid, but no rain and it is warm. Already Wednesday and we have to go to Centro to pick up glasses. Well now it is Thursday...

7 comments:

Jackie McGuinness said...

We just cleared out our stash of bags and got rid of at twenty!

SandyM said...

Have so enjoyed your Mazatlan Posts; they have been great and the photos, too. A couple years ago I was looking for a buffet that could only be 14 inch deep and found one on Wayfair. Low and behold the buffet was built and sent to us from Chiapas, Mexico and we have been extremely happy with it. The perfect size and fit. Wish I knew how to send a photo to you.
You have had some yummy looking oBreakfast in the last few days. Our son would love the hamburger and fried for breakfast, too!

Doug and Nancy said...

Say hi to Sheldon and Debbie for us. Looked like a great day. Do I sense a mattress topper in your future??

Anonymous said...

We have followed your blog for a long time and so enjoy your posts, but have never commented. Today (Thursday afternoon) we recognized you and Bill in front of your hotel��

Carol and Bill said...

Jackie - I'm sure before we leave we will have to buy a couple more. If Vegas ever goes bagless we will be set for years.
Sandy - I really did like the furniture, when I get home and measure the space I'll be upset if it would have fit. I've looked at Wayfair and not found what I want and it is a weird space. Bill eats some weird food at times.
Doug and Nancy - I will tell them Hi, going out with them today. In their huge truck. No, no topper, wouldn't know where to look. Well...maybe...
Hello - I wish you had said HI, we love to met new people. Were you at Austin BBQ? If you see us again please stop us to gab. Thank you for reading blog.

Kathy Tycho said...

I just don't get the Katrina doll thing...yuckšŸ˜ I carry a couple of purse bags in...my purse! Small and always with me unless...I change purses and forget to move onešŸ¤£

Anonymous said...

Hi, we were across the street. Will definitely say hi if we see you again.