Monday, January 15, 2024

Weather and getting things done,.

 Friday morning it was 23 degrees out when I got up at 6 a.m.  - BBRRRRRRRRR.

I wrote the below on Saturday - today, Monday we are in Mazatlan. More on that later. Quite an experience.

Good morning to all - well I think we are all ready to go tomorrow morning in the dark . ordered Uber for 4:15 a.m. UGH. Neither Bill nor I have flown in the last 21 years. Reading all the rules and regs. Think I got it right. This morning went to print our boarding passes. OMG. First they told me my name was wrong Didn't add my middle name to ticket but is on passport. Then they said Bill needed some kind of International number???? So called airline long wait will call me back. 40 minutes they called, nope can't help me needed to talk to Advantage Miles expected hold time 15 minutes. While waiting I returned to boarding pass page and refilled out all info - no problems - got our boarding passes. No idea what problem was first time. Blood pressure way up. Now I'm wondering what else might go wrong or what we might have forgotten to pack. We both have carry on luggage, meets all dimension requirements. But also have a small under seat carry on - can I take my purse too? Our first flight is 1hr 13mins. Then 2hr layover than second flight 1 hr 14 mins. We spend almost as much time on ground as in air. Talked to driver who is going to pick us up - he says he will be wearing a green shirt as he can't hold up a sign as no own car drivers are allowed in airport. Hope there aren't many green shirts.
Today here it is still in 30's at 11 o'clock, there it is in 80's. Should be an interesting time. Yesterday Bill was sick/exhausted the whole day. Today he is fine. Will post when I can.

Walked Saturday, went to get my 100 mile reward. I am walking in shorts and a long sleeved shirt. They look like they are going to the South Pole. I would cook with that heavy stuff on. 

It was pretty cool but we didn't walk until 10:30 so the sun was warm 26 inches of snow at the ski areas. 
A new bird at the river. 
My reward was a really nice water bottle in a holder that can go over the shoulder or around the waist. Also has a zippered area for ID or money or?  And a small pedometer. Will for sure use it when I get home. 

4 comments:

SandyM said...

Yea for you. Wishing you the greatest weather and all things good while you are there. Enjoy to the fullest every day.

Anonymous said...

🥳 happy to hear you're back in Mazatlan!

Carol and Bill said...

Doug and Nancy - Us too.
Sandy -Thank you. We plan to enjoy every minute - even the different ones.
Thank you. We are glad to back too.

Janet said...

Mazatlan! Fun in the sun! Can’t wait to see your photos and hear about your adventures.