Friday, June 2, 2023

Another month gone.

June already. Our lives have changed so much since March 18th when we came down with Covid. For the first time in 20 years I am the driver. I don't think in the last 20 years I drove more than 1000 miles, if that. At least I'm getting comfortable driving again. By now we would be thinking about some summer trips to get away from the heat. Instead we go to doctors - our big outings. Yesterday Bill was up and around for most of the day. He even made a batch of crepes.

If I tried this the crepe would be all over the floor. 
Guess my plan to start trying to lose the eight pounds I've gained will have to wait a while. The can is thickened caramel sauce. YUM. 

Today is not a good day for him, he is back in bed by 7 a.m. And pretty much stayed there all day. It is discouraging. His eye is getting a little better again, but still cannot read a book, needs a big magnifying glass to use his computer and has trouble making out faces on the TV. But it is better than it was two month ago. Slow progress. (When the lady who was here for the home health visit asked if in the last month we were depressed or felt down - it was hard to lie and say "No." But my thoughts were - this is not a normal time and will go away.

I've got in a few walks. Over to the Wetlands, but only two and a quarter miles. Some pictures from that walk. A tree with some weird things growing on it. Not flowers, seeds maybe? 

A close up. 
I like to walk the dirt paths, Much cooler and greener than the concrete ones.
But when I get tired and want to head home quicker I take the concrete ones.
Vern's pond, taken from Vern's Island. 
Do you think they would get mad if I drug this home with me. So interesting. Have just the place for it in our yard. 
Cool walking in between the reeds. 
A friend looked this up it is a moorhen. It walks like a chicken. 
All kinds of different plants and bushes over there. 
A trap door spider web. 
Just some info about the area. 
Last blog I posted pictures of these flowers, they are really small but beautiful 
A piece of wood I thought at first was some weird kind of lizard. 
The canyon the river runs through. 
This area is is running really fast and loud. 
Very short video with sound. I can hear it long before I see it. 

Going to back up my PC today. Try to remember to do it at the end of every month. It is getting really old and testy. 
Well I've gained another pound. Must get serious about getting it back down. No walking today -73 out already at 6:30 and have doctor visit at 8:00.

4 comments:

Doug and Nancy said...

Really love those wetlands pictures Carol. Looks like a peaceful place to walk.

Ruth's Life is Good said...

I really understand the not driving thing. I seldom drive anymore. When we take the RV to and from storage I will follow along in the car. Every few years Larry insists I drive the RV a bit, he wants to know that if something happens to him while we are on the road I will be able to drive it. However I don't think he would ever be comfortable with me driving it๐Ÿ˜.

Barb said...

That marsh area is so nice to have in the desert. Love that log also! Be sure to ask for help if/when you need it for emotional issues even if you feel it is temporary. This is a very stressful time for both of you. Just take one day at a time. (((hugs))).

Barbie

Carol and Bill said...

Doug and Nancy - it is a very peaceful place to walk. Especially when walking alone.
Ruth - A couple of people have told me to learn to drive the RV "It drives just like a car" they say. Well at almost 85 I don't think it is the time for me to learn to drive it. I think I'd probably be okay on the highway, but not in town where I have to go around corners with a car hooked to me.
Barbie - I talk to the bunnies when walking, they listen to all my complaints and worries. Thank you.