Thursday, December 28, 2023

Another year almost gone.

Well Christmas is over and I never did get the boxes of decorations out of the shed. Guess when I said every year "I just wish we'd be home for Christmas 'cause I want to put the the decorations up just one more time." I didn't really mean it. It just seemed like so much work.  

Looks like we will be getting out of here at the right time. Weather is finally going to turn cold. Nights will be below freezing. 

About a week ago I got Bill to take a walk with me in The Wetlands. We went up to the Nature Center and back. About one and a half miles. He did fine, no tiredness or fatigue. Fingers crossed the end of long covid is in sight. 
He is looking at all the white salt  coming up from the ground. 
Sunrise on Christmas Day. Sure was pretty and lasted for a long time. 
Our walking group hadn't walked for a week, until yesterday morning. And it was cold out.  Even I got cold. The heron who is usually sitting on a rock in the middle of the river was huddled back in the bushes where he was out of the old wind. 
Even a little snow on the mountains from some wet weather last week. 
It was a cold and dreary day but we did get in three miles again. Felt good to come  back inside. 
Bill has been keeping me busy setting up his phone and a new tablet. Putting new apps on them. No I don't know what I am talking about but seemed to have got most of it done. He can now ask both tablet and phone to find him news and music. (I hope)  Been having a terrible time getting one of his prescriptions filled. There is now a generic and no one stocks the brand name. I could have driven to Boulder City to get one months supply. - . Took me four hours on the phone and computer to finally find a pharmacy that took our insurance and that had at least 60 of the pills in stock and will deliver to house. (This with much help from our doctors office.) Then discovered sometime in the last 10 years we'd lost his prescription ID card. Took a while to straighten that out - great customer service from LAUSD benefit package. So hopefully today I get a confirmation  that the pills are being mailed to us.  Thirty pills less than usual and fifty dollars more than a full 90 day prescription. But we will take what we can get. (And another 45 minutes on line this morning  OOPS - they didn't have our complete address - needed to edit that. Hopefully every thing is okay, got email says they will be delivered tomorrow...) Every one I talked to was very nice and very helpful. From Doctor's office, to pharmacy and benefits package people. Thank goodness for that.

5 comments:

Kathy Tycho said...

Cooling down here in Mazatlan too. Around 60F this morning at 6:30 and going down more. Around 77F in the daytime. At least the humidity is gone😊 Lovely photos.

SandyM said...

Beautiful Christmas sunrise. Travel mercies to you and Bill both to and from Mazatlan. Will look forward to your always awesome,pictures.

Carol and Bill said...

Kathy - hope when we get there it isn't too cold at night. Been reading your trips. I think we will miss the car a lot.
Sandy - Thank you. I'm sure being in Mazatlan will be a whole different experience for us this year. But should be fun.

Christine Allen said...

So happy that you are able to get south to Mexico and find some warmer weather. And I gave up CHristmas decorations over 15 years ago. I was the only one doing the decorations and figured that i could enjoy the season in other ways....and spend the time and energy...in other ways....

Contessa said...

That is cool for night temps. Nice to see you both our for a walk together.