Sunday, December 3, 2023

And more time has gone by.

 Got some catching up to do I see. Been trying to keep busy with various things. Bill was working out in garage for a few days. He was building this. There is wood under the tiles. 

Finished product. The black bags have drones in them. He put them up there with just a thin piece of wood in front of them. A couple of times I heard something fall. It was one of the bigger bags. Not good to fall and hit the floor. So he built this to hold them up there. We had the tiles - bought them in Mazatlan years ago when he built the window boxes out front. 

Weather has been what I like lately. Very cool at night and in high 50's to 60's during the day. Also some clouds for pretty sunrises. Looking out over the Wetlands. 

Got out some Christmas decoration. The placemats I made are finally done and on table. Had the flowers and small Santas. 
The first time in 15 years these stained glass sun catchers have been out of the trunk where I keep my stained glass holiday sun catchers. Have a few more Christmas ones, but haven't decided where to put them yet. 
Have not yet gone out into the shed to get out the  BOXES of decorations we've drug to Indiana and then back to here. I kept saying "I just want to put all the decorations up one more time." Now that one more time is here ... If I go out there and get started I'm sure my enthusiasm will come back. Maybe.
The Jeep is back in it's parking place. Will start driving my car again. 
Drove it Friday when Bill went to a new eye doctor for a 2nd opinion. He pretty much said what the regular doctor has said. The new injection - Vabysmo might help him regain some of his sight. But no guarantee. If it does he might be able to go longer between shots, might! He also told Bill that he is now legally blind, could have gone all day and not said that. But he did tell us about maybe going to a "Low Vision" ophthalmologist That they might help with his ability to read and see computer better.  But to wait until shots don't work any more. Only one in town and I don't think they take insurance. We'll cross that bridge when we need to. Click here to see what they can do - including helping a person be able to drive again!!??  Tomorrow we go back to see his original doctor, hopefully for new injection. But we will have to take an Uber to go there as we will not be out before dark. I can't drive in the dark any more. So will be first time for Uber experience. Hope I don't screw it up.
Another Christmas decoration out. I made this about six years ago and it has just been sitting in a chest. That was when my embroidery machine was still working. All the white rectangles have embroidered figures in them. 
Just a close up of a few of them. Debating about getting the machine fixed, really do enjoy the embroidery feature. 
Didn't know where to put it so just hanging over the back of the loveseat. 
I also finished the last bead painting that came in a set. Another things I don't know what to do with. 
I hurried to finish it because I have a new set of six that I really like. Very colorful and look like they will be fun to do. They all have lots of flowers, birds and sayings on them.  It is a little wrinkled still from package. 
Been cooking a little. Made Shepard's pie and baked some bread and cookies. Feels good to have the oven on. Son sent two of his ladies over to clean the house, says they will be coming every other week now. Hey! I'm not that old. But it is nice. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are busy! Hoping the shots still help Bill. I like all your Christmas quilting. Stay well. Nancy & Doug (apparently, known here as Anonymous)

Carol and Bill said...

Hi anonymous...good to hear from you. Not counting too much on the shots working. Doc was pretty much not getting Bill's hopes up.