Sunday, April 17, 2016

This and That - Here and There

This has been a busy sports and doctor week. Barcelona lost in the quarter finals so they won't make it to the Champion's League finals. They won the title last year. But they looked tired last Wednesday. Been playing three games a week for about a month, including a couple of games in Argentina. 
Watched the last 15 minutes of Kobe Bryant's career - hard to believe he has been playing for 20 years. He had a great last few minutes. Glad the Lakers won - his doing. 
Kyle had a great weekend - won both races again. He is only the second person to win both races at a track for two weekends in a row. Hope he does as well in Bristol this weekend. Shoot he only qualified 5th.
Got some material to recover a foot stool for the RV. Bill had to get a new laptop as there is no room for his old PC and huge monitor in the Jayco. So slowly loading things on to the laptop. 
Monday I went to the surgeon - my post op check up. Only saw him standing down the hall. Saw his assistant and a 12 year old medical student [when did they start looking so young?] Just changed my pills to see if that will help. Not happy with that decision, I want the problem FIXED - not just improved. Go back in a month.
Today I went to see the cardiologist. In the last few weeks I've had a couple of tests - mainly because our GP didn't like my blood pressure. It has finally gone done - now if life would settle down maybe it will stay there. The cardiologist said previous two tests fine - just some age showing - well duh! But now he has me scheduled for two more tests. Plus Bill has an appointment - so that pretty well screws up the next month for traveling. Most we can get together is 4 or 5 days at a time. We would have had next week but my son is sending over a couple of his girls to do some spring cleaning for me. Guess I could cancel that...
I hate programs that make changes - Blogger has decided to change my name for the blog. From Bill and Carol to Ann for when I reply to comments. What is with that? Ah Ha maybe I got that fixed. But probably caused another problem..we'll see. 
I started writing this mid week - so will finish it quick now. 
Barcelona lost another game and Kyle came in 2nd in race yesterday and wrecked today. 
RV is back in storage lot for the night. Bill keeps finding things to work on in it. 
When I went to see the surgeon it took them four days to tell me I had an infection. They prescribed pills. This was the first time in my life I've had a reaction to an antibiotic. I have never been so sick in my life. Almost went to ER - I'm finally starting to feel human and have to call doc tomorrow to get something else. 
Will do a more upbeat post tomorrow. With some pics of our nasty weather we had. 

No comments: