Wednesday, March 17, 2021

A bit of catching up to do.

All is well and fine here, just haven't felt like sitting down and writing. Besides not much to write about. About the most exciting thing going on has been the weather. This was Saturday the 13th morning. Snow in Henderson on Black Mountain. I don't ever remember seeing that before. Had a  couple of really nasty days. Snow in most of the valley, except our area. We are the lowest elevation in the valley so it would be very unusual to get snow here. All the mountains to the north, west and south got snow. 

Have had strong winds off and on for over a week.  This was one day it was clear and quiet. Today is a rather warm day - high 60's. Tomorrow will be mid to high 70's, so Bill is finally warming up. 
I have started a new puzzle another Kincaid - they are harder than usual to do. So many shades of same color. Also awkward to work with it being so long and narrow. But I keep plugging away on it. 
Another day and another storm rolling through. High winds and hail in some parts of valley. We just got a little rain and of course the winds. Out front looking south. 
Out back looking north. Raining in the desert. Gloomy days. Had enough of them already. 
I have all the hummingbird feeders filled and out. It is amazing how something so small can get around in the high winds we've been having. 
Well I got my embroidery machine out and using it to make a Saint Patrick's Day window hanging. Found some leprechauns on my laptop in my patterns. Got these two finished. Will trim the hanging in the darker fabric I had left from the table mats. 
Some of my thread, but is is like material never the colors you want.
The printed pattern for the third leprechaun to finish the hanging. But he never got done, had everything but his hair and the outlining done when my machine ate a whole bunch of thread and broke!!! Many naughty words from me.  Bill managed to dig the thread out but something broke so it is now in a repair shop. Sure hope they can fix it - and that I don';t have to stand on a corner with a sign "need help paying for sewing machine." Guess I Won't have my hanging for this Saint Patrick's Day. Oh well. 
We still have a, I think, mouse problem. Keep finding turds here and there. Not a lot but enough to know the were on the windowsills. Nothing in the traps. So we are resorting to poison. Hope it works. Don't have to worry about kids or pets so...
I baked a loaf of bread the other day. Didn't make the dough used frozen from market. It was delicious. After it raised drizzled top with olive oil, added rosemary, garlic minced and sea salt. We ate most of it before it cooled off. Have two more frozen loaves in freezer waiting. 
Today I have corned beef, onion, potatoes and carrots in the slow cooker. Haven't fixed it this way before -- hope it turns out - especially at the price of the corned beef. Will add the cabbage later. 

2 comments:

Kathy Tycho said...

If it's any consolation it's been blowing like hell here and the wind is cold. Went to Fat Fish with friends last night and wore a sweater and a jacket. Only one other table eating, then us and a couple of singles...really quiet. Your stew sounds yummy!

Carol and Bill said...

Sounds like weather there is like here. Going to be 80 today then cool down to low 70s with lots of wind for a week. Ugh. We never did make it to Fat Fish this year. First time in many years.