Friday, March 5, 2021

Five days at home - seems much longer

 Quick video of some of the fire that was in The Wetlands right behind where we live. It was a couple of weeks ago while we were still in Mexico. It ended up burning 45 acres. When the drone pans to the left you'll be able to see the homes where we live. The is a big fire break between the brush and the homes. But it was still scary to see the flames I bet. Before from the air unless you were right over them you couldn't see the ponds. 

I started to write this yesterday but didn't get back to it.
Yesterday our son, who owns the cleaning service here in Las Vegas, brought two of his ladies by to put the finishing touches on the BIG CLEAN UP. The used their heavy duty vacuums to do the carpets and washed all the flooring. With son and Bill moving all movable furniture. So hope that is the end of the rat mess. Although I do keep finding places I forgot to look before. So more cleaning and vacuuming on my part, but not much. (today I found a couple more rat poop in the silverware drawer. Don't know if they are new or just dropped from somewhere I didn't find them.- Depressing!)
I finished my puzzle yesterday, ended up with one missing piece. When they moved the couch, clear on  the other side of the room our son found one of the pieces of the puzzle! So the missing one could be anywhere - most likely vacuumed up by mistake. 
Neither of us had any reaction to the 1st Pfizer shot. I bruised a little, Bill didn't. 
And the days continue to pass. Been taking it easy, well kind of the last couple of days.
One of the thing the rats got to was this ceramic and kind of a bean bag stuffed painter I bought years ago in Paris. They chewed a hole under his arm and the stuffing - teeny tiny pellets - went every where. You can see some of the pellets stuck to him. 
The hole they chewed. Cleaned him up on the outside and filled him back up with rice. Still need to sew up the hole. 
On the lighter side Bill made a whole bunch of crepes yesterday. Great to get that sugar fix from and it kept him warm while cooking. 
We used our new air fryer last night to cook Beyond Meat Sausages

I wasn't too fond of them. Don't know if it was the product or the way we cooked them. Bill thought they were fine. Today we will cook the rest of them in a pan and see how they turn out. Really not sure how to use the air fryer yet. 
Tonight I plan to watch a NASCAR truck race on TV - they are racing here in Vegas and my favorite driver is racing in his truck. 
So that is it for now. Pest control guy is coming today, traps have only caught my finger, no rats. 
 

4 comments:

Kathy Tycho said...

At home we catch mice with a bucket. Half full of water, peanut butter smeared about 3 inches down on the inside. They try to hang and eat it and fall in. I call it my mouse pool party! Maybe it would work for rats.

Grandma on the Road said...

I was going to ask if you caught any rats. Maybe the pest control guy will put traps under your house, which may be where they are getting in. Good luck with catching them and stopping their visits!!

Judy

Ruth's Life is Good said...

It always amazes me when there is a fire in the desert. You wouldn't think there would be enough vegetation to burn.

Carol and Bill said...

Pest guy has decided they are probably mice as they ate bait out of traps, too tiny to activate them. So now have glue traps all over. So far nothing but new turds. Getting sick of it.