Monday, March 8, 2021

A very nice Sunday

We had a very nice day on Sunday. After all the drama of the past week it felt good to just relax and enjoy things. First thing in the morning we watched a good soccer game. The finish helped our favorite team in the standings. Then afternoon I watched the race. The #18 finished the race 3rd.  Best finish he has had so far this year. And last night somehow I found something on YouTube on the TV. A concert from the 1990's - The Highwaymen. Willie Nelson, Kris Kristopherson, Waylan Jennings and Johnny Cash. Good to listen to the old country music. Great day. Also the weather was beautiful. I got in over 4200 steps, just walking around the house during the commercials in the race. 

Some pictures I took at the Ethel M's Chocolate Cactus Garden. So pretty there. Especially at night when they light it up for holidays.   The sky was kind of over cast in places.

I have this on my computer desktop. 
Just pictures of the different cacti.  
Really! They have to post this?

That one is sure a bright green. 
I remember seeing these when we spent some time in Baja.
Weird looking, especially when they get big. 
Another variety of cactus
Love these - they grow in the most desolate places. I'd like one in our yard, but they take forever to grow and are VERY expensive to buy. 
More colors.


Interesting looking. 
It always amazes me how many different plants can grow in the desert. 
Enough cacti for today, more tomorrow. Don't have any cleaning to do today, also got most of the business that needs doing every year when we come home done. Feel kind of lost...Our big excitement for the day is a grocery delivery!

No comments: