Sunday, March 7, 2021

Saturday was a great day.

The pest control guy came over on Friday and now is thinking we have mice not rats. For some reason that sounds better to me. I know, both are filthy and unhealthy. But...so now we have glue traps all over the house. The mice are too small to spring the big rat traps, they got in and out of them and ate the bait. And this morning I found a new turd on my stove top. It is driving me nuts!

I  sewed up the hole in my French artist man after re-stuffing him with rice. Hope the mice don't discover him again. 

Friday night we watched the truck race and my favorite driver Kyle Busch from here in Vegas finished 2nd, after coming from 29th twice. But he owns the truck that finished first. Did he let his driver finish first? Couldn't he really catch him? Or was he blocking the fast truck behind him? Only he knows. 

So Kyle Busch - I supposed you noticed the new header picture. I took that picture of the actual car that will be in the race today here in Vegas. Saw on line that it was going to be on display here at the Ethel M's Chocolate factory and people could make appointments to go see it. I got the last two appointments. So Saturday afternoon off we went to see a car...poor Bill he does so many things for me. So some pictures of the car.  (If you don't care, just skip to the end.)

And, yes, we did go through the cactus garden, pictures of it later. 
I have a bag of chocolate treats in the bag. Bought them as the money was going to Three Square a charity that feeds the needy  food insecure. 


Some pictures of the inside. Sure doesn't look comfortable. The "windows" really reflected the light so pictures aren't that good.  



And of course, the truck they brought it over in. 

Not sure about the picture of Kyle, looks more like his son. 

Spent a while going inside and wandering around the garden. It got us out and I enjoyed it. This afternoon is the race. Hope he does good. Almost time for the talk shows to begin. 

5 comments:

Doug and Nancy said...

Glad you are out having fun again after "turd-amageddon"!!! We are still a long way from wearing shorts here (well, except our son, who wears them 365 days a year!)

Enjoy your week!

Carol and Bill said...

Doesn't take much to please me these days. Up in high 70's but just for a couple of days, then back to low 60's.

Kathy Tycho said...

Nice to see you having some fun! Try my mouse bucket with peanut butter if nothing else works.

Carol and Bill said...

Kathy - nothing else seems to be working might give it a try.

Jackie McGuinness said...

You need a cat!!
Been to that chocolate place and the gardens, nice.