Friday, March 19, 2021

Getting things done.

And the days go by, somehow we manage to keep kind of busy. Yesterday morning it was about 55 and overcast so I decided to take a walk around the community. In 45 minutes I did two miles. Need to pick up the pace a little. Trying to get into a routine, walk one day, exercise with TV other day. I have lost a little weight doing that. Or maybe it was not eating all the brownies in one day. 

The sunrise yesterday morning. We saw our new doctor Tuesday. Bill really likes him, I'm waiting until we see him again. One thing I like is he is going to redo all the lab work the old doctor did in October. Neither one of us liked the way the old doctor explained the results. Seemed a little dire. So will see new doc in three weeks to get some explanations. I hope. Until then - won't worry about anything. 

So Wednesday I cooked the corned beef, onions, potatoes and carrots in the slow cooker most of the day. Added a can of Miller Lite to it with the water. Cooked the cabbage last half hour. It was some of the best corned beef I've ever made. However! Bill hasn't been eating any beef for over a year and a half. Except for twice, once in restaurant when he got beef instead of chicken in his fajitas and once when he had some Italian sausage. Both times he felt terrible afterwords.  So corned BEEF - somehow neither of us thought it would bother him. Wrong! He spent an unhappy night.  So guess I get to eat the leftovers and eat the left overs and eat...

Bill got a new drone. Here he is out front calibrating it. 

The drone getting ready to take off. 


A kind of sunset video with music. 

We finally brought the RV back to the house to clean it up a little. And Bill discovered - thank goodness - the Blue Ox tow bar is broken. So have a new one on order. Glad we discovered it now, and not the day we wanted to go somewhere. So we picked up the new one today. 

Finished my puzzle yesterday morning. It was a little challenging, but fun.

Also going to pick up my repaired sewing machine today. Quickest I've ever gotten it fixed and a reasonable price too. Will finish my Irish wall hanging in next day or two. Ready for when ever we are home in March again. 

2 comments:

Jackie McGuinness said...

Used my slow cooker for my corned beef this year too!! I think it could have used a little longer.

Carol and Bill said...

I like the way it turned out, started it out on low then up to medium then back to low. So good and tender.