Thursday, June 16, 2022

64 years ago today...

 64 years ago today I scrubbed the kitchen floor on my hands and knees and had spaghetti for dinner. Why do I remember such trivial things? Because 64 years ago today my first son was born. 

Dennis Mitchell Chadd

June 16, 1958

Left us - June 4, 2021

I'm still trying to get in walks now and then when it cools down enough at night. Last week one day I got out before the sun rose. Really nice then. 

Just a few pictures from that walk. Also did make it out there this morning too. But went later - way too hot by the time I got home. The sun starting to peak over the mountain and hitting the trees. 

A new little pond  behind the brush. 
The cat tails waving in the wind. 

A great big lump of a rock. Maybe sand at one time. 
Desert mistletoe in the trees. 

Just enjoying a swim. 
Part of the walk around one of the bigger ponds.
Got our new Dish TV receiver up and running yesterday. Still has a few minor glitches that I have to call them about to help me fix. But was easier than I thought it would be. We could not get any of our recorded movies and series off the old receiver - guess the hard drive was really crashed. 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that memory with us Carol.

(This is Nancy and Doug. Not sure why I show as anonymous now on your blog)

Carol and Bill said...

Thank you. The first year is the hardest. Though they never get easy.