Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Being domestic.

Before I forget the header is from The Wetlands. Was told there are big beavers in this pond, but need to get there around 5 o'clock in the morning to see them. There are also big bullfrogs there. I've heard them but not seen any. This is one of my favorite places in the park. 

We were both kind of domestic over the weekend. Bill cooking and me sewing. He was making what he calls a Spanish Tortilla, in fact he made two of them. One for now and one in the freezer for another day. 

He wanted to use the new pans he had just bought. Can you see the brackets on the back of the pans. You can hook the pans together to flip the tortilla. (You can see our new toaster and coffee pot off to the side.)
This is not the recipe he uses but direction 5 (in red) tells how to flip it. He says it makes it so easy to do. He was tired of trying to hold two regular pans together to flip the food. 
The pans hooked together getting ready to flip them. 
The finished product, very, very good. 

I finished my  place mats. The front and the back

Each one has a different design in the center. I cut the pieces from the backing material then sewed them on. 

So now I have to find a new project. 
Weather today has cooled somewhat and there is a nice breeze, but I slept in and by the time I got up the sun was up too far. The other morning I walked before the sun came over the mountain. But is was already in the high 80's. So the walk was short.
Oh boy, I got an email from Dish TV that they had mailed our new receiver BUT when they addressed it they did not add our unit number - there are 500 homes in here...So called Dish, they told me to call UPS. Called UPS they said they could not correct and add number had to talk to Dish. So called Dish back. Got a very helpful lady. So ends up they will ship another receiver with unit number included in address and expedite it so it will arrive tomorrow when the other one was/is supposed to arrive. So we wait - will we get one or two new receivers? This seems to be the year of appliance failures. [We can still watch TV but all the movies etc we had recorded are gone! - or not, maybe we can recover them.]
Going to try to get up early tomorrow and for sure walk, as it is supposed to be even cooler. 

5 comments:

SandyM said...

I really like the new header photo - have been meaning to tell you. Also the placemats are so pretty, such nice colors. You are a very talented lady.

Tango Dancer said...

She really is!!!!

Kathy Tycho said...

So what are Bill's special ingredients in his tortilla..I will try this.😋 Your placemats are way too pretty to eat on!

Jackie McGuinness said...

It is definitely our year of appliance failures. So far replaced washer, dryer, fridge. Waiting for a new dishwasher.
I like that pan that clips together.

Carol and Bill said...

Sandy - thank you - I love taking pictures and really enjoy sewing. Any thing better than housework.
Tango - thank you.
Kathy - that is pretty much how he makes it, but doesn't put meat in it and uses russet potatoes. I use the placemats just for decoration, when we eat I use plastic ones.
Jackie - At least we are having small appliance failures. Toaster, coffee pot and the receiver. But the big TV did go too. The pans are
Cuisinart. He loves them