Saturday, August 14, 2021

Another warm and quiet day

The last couple of mornings I've been up by 5 a.m.  Then I get tired early afternoon and take a nap so don't go to sleep at night until after 11. Vicious cycle. 

Have as usual not done much. Watched some NASCAR from the road course at Indianapolis. Beginning of it was a wreck fest. I didn't think those heavy cars could get so high off the ground. Tomorrow is the Cup race but it is on regular NBC local channel which the owner or Dish is threatening to take off the air. I hate when they play games like that over "money." Staying on sports. Guess we will be watching the French soccer league from now on. Our favorite player Messi left the Spanish league and will be playing a few years for Paris. It will be interesting to see how he adjusts to a different style of playing. 

Also finished another fun jigsaw puzzle. All kinds of candy and ice cream cones. Not very hard to do. 

I think I have finished my wall hanging. Will let it sit for a few days to see if I should do anything else to it then will bind and frame it. This is how it looks now.  The front. 

Closer look from left to right sides


The back. 
The sewing machine managed to bite me a few times. The ends of a couple of fingers are sore. Guess I really should pay more attention to how close to the moving needle I put them. Not sure yet how I'm going to finish off the edges. 
We would love to get out and away from the house for a while, but it is too hot to spend time outside and to much covid to spend time inside somewhere. A group from here where we live took a bus trip to Pahrump to visit a winery. Sounds like they had fun. Guess we are just being too careful. We talked to one of our friends in Mazatlan yesterday, he and his family are doing fine. All had their vaccinations as have all the people he works with. He says the town is really enforcing vaccination proof and masks to go anywhere. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your quilt is beautiful! You are so talented with such imagination. I also love your stained glass. Long time lurker-first time commenter. Wendy B

Anonymous said...

Another long time lurker. I must comment. Your wall hanging is incredible! Love the plants and flowers. Joyce

Carol and Bill said...

Wendy -Thank you for commenting, always nice to know other people enjoy reading the blog.
Joyce - thank you for commenting. Glad to have you "lurking" Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to finish the edges and where I'm going to hang it.