Thursday, August 5, 2021

We had an adventure

Yesterday we took a small trip - for us any trip away from the house is an adventure any more. We had found a couple of interesting places on line so thought we'd pay them a visit. The first was Bagels & Shmear. It is a huge bagel bakery and restaurant. It is up by all the convention centers so we picked a day there were no conventions to go there. 

About a month ago a brand new resort opened on The Strip it is Resorts World and it is a huge red building. Here it is reflected in a building across the street from the bagel place. We are a couple of blocks from The Strip here. 
Inside, Bill went to check out bagels and I played tourist with my camera checking the display cases out. Donuts...Makes my teeth ache to look at the frosting.
More donuts and pastries. Would you buy one to take home as a souvenir?  Or eat it right away. 
Big sales area, lots of good stuff. 
Off to the left is the entrance to their restaurant. Not too many people when we were there. 
Oh my! Makes my mouth water to see or think about them. Nope, did not get one. 
Back outside - the door handles, clever but feels funny. Bill got some rye, pumpernickel and egg bagels.
Heading across the strip to our next stop. See the red building reflected here too? 
The name of this is Delices Gourmands French Bakery. We could smell the yummies before opening the door. The cafe part is not open due to lack of staff. 
A rather unfriendly clerk packing our order. Six regular croissants and two chocolate ones 9 when we got home only had one chocolate and 7 regular.) Oh well - I scarfed down the chocolate one so fast it gave me a stomach ache.
As I said the cafe part isn't open. Looks pretty though. 
Some of the delicious looking bread. 
Shopping done we came home. Four new homes have been delivered to the community we live in - yes, manufactured homes. Waiting to be put together. Price $219,999. Very small lots, no garage. 
Unpacking our goodies. He also got a couple of pastries. 
We were home by 10:30 because as you can see we are back into another heat wave. Only 112 yesterday. But the official temperature is usually a couple of degrees lower then where we live in the lowest part of the valley. At least the humidity is gone. 
105 seems cool to us.  So no going out and wandering around for us for a while. Sure don't want to go into any place there are crowds of people. When we go to grocery store we go about 7 a.m. - almost empty then. There is a mask mandate for all indoor areas here again. And many places are requesting proof of vaccination before they let you in. Especially smaller stores and independent restaurants and bars.
I continue to work on my quilt. 


5 comments:

Mark said...

Doesn't seem fair that you went to two bakeries without me. Oh I would have been a very bad boy if I went in to them. Didn't see any cinnamon buns.

Ruth's Life is Good said...

We love bakeries and are really happy there are none really close to us, otherwise we would have even more struggles with our weight 🤣🤣. Those pastries look fantastic!!

Nancy Kissack said...

WOW .... now that's my kind of pastry!! Good thing I don't live there, I'd weight a ton!!

SandyM said...

Oh my, that looks like a couple of cheese pastries in that box - I do love those! Great shopping trip for both of you and just good to get out for a change of routine. Enjoy all those pastries and now I must clean the iPad screen as I slobbered all over it! Thanks for sharing your photos.


Carol and Bill said...

It was fun to get out and go someplace we hadn't been before. Both places sure smelled good.
We discovered another bakery we are going to check out. Closer to home!