Friday, August 20, 2021

Busy day yesterday.

Bill got up REAL early and I was up by 6:00. Sure makes the day seem LOOONG!  Around 8:00 Bill went out and got the Jeep started and brought out front. Then we took my car to the mechanic to see about the clack, clack. (call from mechanic - air conditioner fan broke and poked hole in something else. $400 fix) Left it there then went to the RV dealership. I needed something from it for the insurance claim. (And I brought home the wrong thing - duh.) Well they will just have to wait until next week some time when the dealer will move the RV to an area where we can plug it in and run the AC while we go through it and try to figure out what might be missing. Know of three things for sure. It was so hot and muggy out that early my head was dripping and my shirt was wet. Did I ever mention I HATE the humidity. It has been unusually high here the last few weeks. As we were leaving the adjuster showed up. So he had us show him what had been done.

Then we hurried up the street because we had appointments to get out booster vaccine at CVS. Got in there and I almost froze to death as cold air hit my wet head and shirt. Like I was wearing ice. Checked in and to wait for a few minutes until shot giver arrived. Our appointments were for 10:00 - about ten to ten they called our names. Got our shots and the shot giver handed me a time set for 15 minutes. Told me when this goes off go to consultations and she will give you back your vaccine cards...Nuts - the first shots we got we snuck out right away. Not this time.  So we got out of there about five after ten. Today my arm is a little sore - otherwise fine. Bill is a little woozy and tired. He went back to bed. Don't know when he got up but I got up at 5:00 I too see a nap in the future. 

I managed to keep busy with stuff for the insurance company then cooked a really good dinner. Walnut crusted salmon, Italian spiced pasta and mixed vegetables, zuccine, yellow squash, onions, asparagus, and red pepper sliced, with a little bit of chimichuri sauce on them. Will for sure do all of that again. 
The smoke continues to cover our valley. Glad we don't have to go outside. This is the moon just as it was setting this morning. 
I decided I would just finish the raw edges of the wall hanging with a zig zag stitch and hang it from a bamboo pole. Still have some work I want to do on it. But think I will use fabric paints instead of thread. But have to go buy the paint. I can't get a good picture of it - it does not hang straight unless it is up against a wall. So it looks lopsided here - it isn't it is straight. 

Making brownies, need my sweet fix at night. Hum about 2 o'clock in the afternoon and both Bill and I feel a little crappy from the shot. Not bad just icky. No problem, better than getting sick. 


3 comments:

Jackie McGuinness said...

WOW boosters already. Haven't really been mentioned much here, last I heard would be about 8 months from last shot.

Vera said...

That looks like a great dinner! ��

Carol and Bill said...

Jackie - old foggies like us can get the boosters. So went and did it.
Vera - It was. For sure a keeper meal.