Thursday, August 19, 2021

A flowery day

 Trying to be better about posting. Another puzzle I've finished. I thought it would be hard, but turned out to be very easy. Finished it in one day. Only 300 pieces and lots of patterns to follow. 

I am only cooking dinner every three or four days lately. Need to get better at that. Here was last night Paella with chicken and sausage (Beyond Meat -veggie sausage. This is the only way I can eat it.) Bill like lots of peas in it. 
This morning's sunrise. Yesterday the wind was from the south so most of the smoke blew away. Today is a different story. So smoky out, can even smell it. The air purifier is on Turbo. Day before yesterday it was bad too and really bothered Bill. 
Thought I'd write about pleasant things today. Also we got the letter from the HOA they are going to do a "four sided inspection" One item on list of "can't haves" is Maximum of 2 artificial products...Does that mean I'm going to have to get rid of all my artificial plants on the patio. Who knows. No one sees it but us.
Also on list "no bushes taller than top of window"  this is not by a window...
So many pretty colors in this year. 
Oops, bush is taller than garage window on side of house. Will we get dinged for it? 
Plants in window boxes are artificial too. But they are short. 
Right now I'm not too happy with the management here at the community. So hope they don't ding us too much. 
This morning we had to take my car into the mechanic - some things is going clackety clackety, clack!  Bill thinks it is the air conditioner. So using the Jeep for a while. Then we went over to the RV dealership and met the insurance adjuster there. Next week the dealership will pull the RV to an area where it can be plugged in and we'll be able to go inside and clean it up and get a handle on personal items that are missing. One thing I know is missing is my UNDERWEAR - all my grannie panties...For heavens sake why. They left my socks and nightgowns....go figure. One drawer was empty the other full...ICK.
And after leaving there we went to CVS for our booster shots. Appointment at 10, signed in, got shots and were back in car by 10. So far so good. I wonder if either of us will have a reaction to this one. Neither of us did to the first two, except for feeling a little tired for a day or two. 
Tomorrow will write more about experience with RV...

5 comments:

Yvette said...

How about telling the HOA, you can inspect my unit after you find out who robbed our Motor Home. Morons

Grandma on the Road said...

How about taking the three flower pots and put them in the house temporarily? And tell them that you will trim the tall bush, but are waiting for it to stop blooming. That should cut down the dings.

Judy

Ruth's Life is Good said...

Your Paella looks fantastic!!

Carol and Bill said...

Yvette - sure would like to do that. Their idea of security is a joke.
Judy -I was thinking about bring in the flower pots. And just see what they say about the bush. You can never find every thing they will ding you on.
Ruth - thanks. One of Bill's favorite dishes.

Unknown said...

I swear you are a born food photographer, everything looks beyond delicious !!
I'm with take the plastic plants in the house for a "routine cleaning" until the inspectors pass. Good luck with your insurance, I know what its like to be robbed. Hope you two are feeling better soon.