Saturday, April 16, 2022

A couple of over 10,000 steps days.

 On Wednesday the last time we walked in the Wetlands I ended up with almost 12,000 by the end of the day. 

On Thursday, a non walking day got in a few steps when we went to Walmart for groceries. Didn't get any frozen foods or meat and managed to spend over $100. It used to be Costco and Sam's Club were the over $100 stores...We also went to Best Buy to buy a new TV for the living room. Ours decided to turn on but have no picture, just sound. It has been doing that for a while, but the picture always came back, not this time. Neither of us remembered to measure it before we went but turns out Bill had a good eye for the size. Just got a plain old Smart LG TV, nothing fancy. But won't get it until next Friday. First day they could install it. We are TotalTech members so no charge to install and set it up. Luckily we have two other TV, one in the bed room and one in the sewing room so we can still both watch what we want. 

Had a rather pretty sunset one night. One part of the sky had this interesting cloud. Almost looks like a tornado type cloud.

The other part of the sky, just colorful. 
Going in I saw the full moon, or maybe the night before the full moon. 
A closer look at it. Wish I'd caught it just coming up with some trees or bushes to make it more interesting. 
I dug out a project I started in probably 2005 when I first got the embroidery machine. The blocks with the fan design I did in Indiana. Every once in a while I dig them out and wonder what to do with them. 
I have a bunch of these blocks. They are made of six pieces of repeating material sewed together in the fan shape. then the rest of the material added to make a block.
I have 10 different blocks with words or sayings.
And ten blocks of different Asian ladies. 
The fan blocks can be put together to make all kinds of different designs.
So for now I am just looking at them trying to figure out how to use them. Maybe some day I get an idea.
Yesterday Friday I got in over 10,000 steps too. Most for our Friday walk and the rest from using the Bissel on the floors. And just general cleaning, how exciting. 
Last night something with the coyotes in the Wetlands right next to us was going on. They were so loud and a bunch of them. Yipping, barking and howling. Kind of spooky when they are that close. Went back to Walmart today and got frozen food and chicken breasts and a big piece of salmon (4 meals). And other stuff of course. Another expensive day but won't have to buy main courses for a good long time. Our Food Saver, one of the best buys we ever made - 20 years ago. Is giving me problems, has to be coaxed to vacuum and seal. Seems like one thing goes and two others follow quickly. 
Continue to work off and on on my window. Have managed to cut a couple of fingers so letting them heal for a few days. Now off to watch NASCAR - dirt racing at Bristol. I'm getting the TV in the sewing room!

1 comment:

Contessa said...

Love these sunset photos and of course your moon shots. You area very creative lady in so very many different ways.