Sunday, April 10, 2022

Just normal days going by.

No exciting things going on around here, unless you call watching plants grow exciting. Well, I guess I do find that exciting so took some pictures of their growth...The bushes in the back yard are flowering, soon they will be covered in bright orange blooms. 

Our "poor little plant" the gardener cut way back is suddenly beginning to show signs of life. All this happened in two days. 

The ocotillo out front is fat and happy now. Its bloom is bright red and the branches are covered with dark green leaves. 

The lantana in our front/side yard is really growing as are the three bougainvillea. They were all just sticks when we got home about four weeks ago. 
So I do get excited watching plants grow. 

Used the air fryer the other night to cook parmesan herb  coated chicken breasts for dinner. With mashed potatoes and corn and salad. Bill said not to throw out the recipe so guess he liked it, as did I. 

Also been faithfully walking on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. So got in three over 10000 step days. This week we've been walking in the neighborhood. Lots of homes decorate for every holiday. This one always does a great job. 
And I continue to work on puzzles. Another one finished and another one just started, no picture, on the table. This series all have dogs in them. 
Bill is keeping himself busy updating the software for all of his drones and making sure everything is in good working order. So every once in a while I hear the buzzing from outside as he checks them out. See the little drone off to the left. 
Some nice sunrises this past week. Only one I got out in time to take a picture of though. The bushes are in The Wetlands where we walk. 
Have finished a couple of my projects. The pillow for the RV is done.
And I've been doing a little work on my stained glass. I have to cut the border pieces but am waiting until I get a new glass cutter. Mine are OLD and the border glass is very touchy to cut. It likes to do its own thing rather than follow the cutting score line. 
And that is about it. Yesterday the community had a big garage sale, but we didn't participate. Just didn't feel like dragging out stuff and cleaning it up to see if it would sell. But we did get one thing done. The management of the park had a shredder truck come for a few hours. Free to us, so I got rid of a bunch of paper work we've been dragging around with us for years. Would have taken me hours to grind up with our little shredder at home.
Boy has our weather taken a different turn. For a few days it was up in the low 90's - today will be mid 70's and the wind has picked up like crazy. And Tuesday will be cooler with the wind continuing. I don't mind the wind and love the cooler weather, Bill not so much. 
Weather man said there could be gusts up to 70mph - lovely. And that is all our news for the week. 

3 comments:

Ruth's Life is Good said...

Love the house with all the Easter decorations!! With all the rules of your park I am kind of surprised they allow them. Congratulations on all the steps/walking. I know how hard it is to stay motivated to do them.

SandyM said...

Normal, average days are the best. Like the pictures of your foundation planting and the pillow looks great. I do admire how you are keeping up with the walking - wish someone or something would light a fire under my feet to get me moving. Enjoy your days and I think you do.

Carol and Bill said...

Ruth - been reading your adventures, a lot to see around that area. A lot of the homes here really go all out decorating for holidays. Guess it is okay. If I didn't have the group to walk with I probably wouldn't get out and go by myself.
Sandy - Like I told Ruth if there wasn't someone else going, I probably wouldn't get going. Our plants get bigger and prettier every day. Though yesterday some of the flowers on the bushes got blown off.