Sunday, April 24, 2022

Strange few days

So where to begin. I guess with Thursday. In the afternoon we both had eye doctor appointments. Bill needed new glasses as his last ones broke. No problem. He will have them in a week. As for me - after checking my eyes the doctor told me it wasn't worth my money to get new glasses as they wouldn't help. Just go to drug store and buy some cheap readers. WHAT? Well the problem is my cataracts - they are really bad. I know that but was ignoring the problem. Well he finally convinced me to go to see about having them removed. (I am not afraid of the operation I just CANNOT make my self put drops in my eyes, never been able to. Also I shake so bad they would probably end up in my nose or ears.) So any way in two weeks I have an appointment for consultation. Bill says he will put the drops in my eyes. We will see. 

On to Friday.  It was going to be an exciting day - doesn't take much to excite me - as we were going to get our new TV installed. This first picture is just of a lantana plant. I love the way one plant will produce several different colored flowers. At 8:30 met up with the walkers, only two other people that day. First we were just going to walk around the community but ended up going into the Wetlands instead. The weather as you can see from the pictures was quite cool, very windy and threatening to rain.  Pictures are of landscapes that just caught my eye. The new growth is so green. Looking kind of towards Henderson. 

We can hear the geese honking long before we see them. 
Just more scenery. Some blue sky in this one. 
We were just wandering the dirt paths in a direction we haven't gone before. A pond, bridge and small water fall I've never seen. Also some darker clouds forming. 
More scenery

Just after I'd taken this picture we were talking about what we were seeing when we heard very faintly, "Help, help, I've broken my leg." WHAT? Was some one trying to lure us into the brush? Or was someone hurt? There were three of us so we hollered back "Where are you, keep talking." Well she did and we followed the sound. Found a young woman laying on the ground in pain. She was far enough in the brush that we would never have seen her. She had fallen off this ledge into the river. She pulled herself back up towards the trails. Don't know how she managed that. Any way we called 9ll and tried to explain where we were. Luckily a couple of the people who are docents came by and heard us. They went back to the Nature Center and waited for the ambulance.
A couple of young men also came by and they went down by the river to try to find her purse and cell phone, never found them but did find her jacket. We stayed there with the other people until the EMTs got there. 
Actually I'd never seen this river here before. The area is called by the park 
The Grand Canyon area." I am sure glad we decided to walk in the Wetlands and were talking as we passed her. 
We continued walking, watching the weather closely. It was getting windier but still no rain. Looking across at Sunrise Mountain. 

A creek we hadn't seen before. They are hidden all over the area. 
The root system of a fallen over tree. 
A pair of ducks ignoring us. 
Took some more pictures but will leave them for the next blog. By the time I got home Bill was beginning to wonder - said he was getting ready to call me. He had heard the ambulance coming and going.  We went to grocery store right away and a few minutes after we got home from there my Fitbit went off - had gotten in over 10k, steps and it was only eleven a.m. Ended the day with over 12,500 steps. Most I've ever done. 
The guys with the TV showed up about 1:00 and got everything up and running quickly. Nice to be able to watch a big screen, same size as we had, in the living room. Later that day I also called a foot doctor, my foot is finally bothering me enough to get it checked out. 

Yesterday I worked some on my stained glass. Today staying in, cool and still windy out. And watching the NASCAR demolition derby at Talladaga. 

9 comments:

SandyM said...

The photos from the wetland are awesome. Thankful for you “walkers” that found and gave help to the young lady that so needed it. Your walk in the wetland was meant to be for that day.

Mark said...

Get those cataracts dealt with, Bill can for sure put the drops in your eyes. Don't make me jump on a plane and scold you in person. GET IT DONE......

Unknown said...

I had my cataracts taken out this past winter while in Mesa, Az and didn't have to use drops. They give you a shot during the surgery and you don't have to use drops after, my insurance didn't cover the shot and it cost me $99.00 per eye. The vision improvement is amazing. If you need a Clinic name or Dr. let me know. Paul...

Kathy Tycho said...

Eric's getting his eyes done when we get home, you should too! You need perfect eyes to take all those beautiful pictures.

Doug and Nancy said...

Nice pictures! We are just watching Talladega right now. Hugs.

norm said...

I got Left eye done last week and today the Right one.
The difference is fantastic.
Get it done!

Carol and Bill said...

To all who commented. Thanks for comments about pictures. Makes me want to take lots more! See the eye doctor next week. Will probably get it done. The extra money for no drops is worth it to me. Will see what they say.

ohlucy05 said...

My husband was legally blind before the cataract surgery. Have Bill give you the drops or shots. Less than one month after both surgeries, he has 20/20 vision and he can see like he was 20 years old (oh the colors)- knowing there is a shot would be a godsend. Hope you have a good consultation and that you decide to get the surgery. On the other side, I truly love all your adventures - you are a truly wonderful couple and a wonderful storyteller. By the way, I am looking at the surgery in a few years.

Carol and Bill said...

Lucy - good to hear how well the surgery went for your husband. I still haven't made up my mind. Thank you for your comment.