Saturday, April 30, 2022

Wednesdays walk.

On Wednesday we returned to the Wetlands to walk. Got in 8700 steps on the walk. I had to cut it short as once the sun gets up a ways it just get too hot for me to be out.  The air temperature was in the low 80's but the sun was HOT. 

This was dinner on Tuesday night. No I don't cook like this all the time, just when I feel like it. Salmon, scalloped potatoes and asparagus with roasted almonds and cherry tomatoes. It was very good. Haven't cooked since, but do plan to tonight.

More pictures from the wet lands, it seems to change every time we go there walking. More and more plants growing. 

And more and more trails to explore.
And more signs being put up. We still manage to get lost off and on. But always find our way home eventually. Just some walks are longer than others. 
That is an owls nest. There are young ones in it but haven't seen them. 
We followed this one and it just went in a circle. 
More water in the river that day, it was moving quite fast. 
I like the bridge reflection. 
More trees getting blooms. 
Interesting sign about the water.  And reminding people not to throw trash in the streets as it goes directly into the storm drains which flow to the lake. 
I'm working on another puzzle - this one 1000 pieces. More difficult then I thought it would be. Not getting it done very fast. The way it will look when done. 
The way it looks now after working on it off and on for three days. Not getting very far. I can't even get the bottom border done right. Too many pieces fit into the wrong piece. 
We finally, just last night, got Bill's pills. What a mess. The pharmacy kept telling me they had ordered them, will be in tomorrow. Well on the tomorrows I'd call them and get, "They aren't here, or your insurance won't cover them." so would let them know, yes the insurance will cover them, you need to put them in as an override. Okay, well they will be here in two days. Called again in two days, "Oh they aren't here. Insurance won't cover them." But they have been ordered twice and they were supposed to be in pharmacy Tuesday - then Thursday. When I called Friday was told they didn't have them, insurance won't cover them. I will not repeat my conversation with them. Turns out the pills were there - the person talked to insurance while I was on phone and order went through ins. - he said they would be ready in an hour. Okay. Five minutes later I got a text the pills were ready to be picked up. We went right over and got them before they disappeared.
I also went to foot doctor. Nothing medically to do but need an ankle brace with straps to keep my foot in alignment and metatarsal pads to keep a nerve in the bottom of the foot from being inflamed. He also suggested getting some Oofo sandals to wear around the house. The stupid foot hasn't hurt since I made the appointment. Even after over 10,000 steps Friday. Do have the pads and ankle brace so will use them. The shoes not sure about.

Did go to the DMV Kiosk and got the registration sticker (that must have gotten lost in the mail) for my car - duplicates are now $8.00! And that's about all that has been going on here. NASCAR this weekend on TV. 

No comments: