Thursday, April 21, 2022

Not much going on around here.

 Like I said not much going on around here, but that is probably a good thing. We have had high winds for what seems like weeks now. They will stop for a day then back again for a couple of days. And I mean really high winds. Sustained in the 30's to 40's with gusts up to 60. Dust in the air is terrible. And the temps go for 90+ and then in a day or two back down to highs of 60's. And we might get some rain tomorrow.

Tomorrow our new TV gets delivered and installed. I never paid attention to how much I watched it. It is not like we don't have TV it is just weird for one of us to be in sewing room and other to be in bedroom watching different programs. In this day and age with all of the mess in the world I should be embarrassed to complain, but I'm not. 

Spring is here and flowers and trees are  blooming faster than the wind can blow them away. Here is Bill's jasmine. Full of flowers, we can smell it even with the doors closed. Just wish it would last longer.

My Mexican cactus didn't do too well over the winter. He is getting lots of TLC now though so hope he continues to improve. I'm going to find out if we can remove the dead part without doing more damage. He is getting some new sprouts. 
The Palo Verde trees are blooming. Full of little yellow flowers. 
Such a pretty little flower. 
I'm still out and walking three mornings a week, but unless we can start earlier I'll have to stop soon. The sun is just too hot and wears me out quick. Next couple of pictures are from neighbors yards. Pretty Iris. I forgot they would grow here. Might get some if I can figure out where to put them. 
Another new piece of landscaping at another neighbors. Love this piece of wood. I see a colt laying down. 
We've been walking here in the community and the Wetlands. Just a few pictures from there. One thing I really like about living here is that one can see forever. 

We saw a couple of quail, but they are quick, had to get pictures of. 
And just the tranquil pond. Lots of carp swimming around in it, but they don't show up in the picture. 
Only got in about 8000 steps before the sun got to me.  Tomorrow is supposed to be a cool day so maybe can do better. 
Watched the NASCAR race on Sunday, at Bristol on the dirt. At least there was some racing going on. I really liked the end when my favorite driver won. Also still plodding away on my stained glass window. 

4 comments:

Doug and Nancy said...

Nothing much happening up here either. High temps around the mid-fifties so still doesn't feel like spring. Then we get 3 days of rain, usually right around the weekend. Oh well. Glad you are both well!

SandyM said...

Like the picture of the quail with his little foot in mid-step. Did not see the colt in the driftwood until about the third pass and then it just jumped out at me. You have a good eye and that is why you succeed so in the arts and crafts that you do. Thanks for sharing your photos with all of us.

SandyM said...

Opps…think that must be a shadow…however, I still like the quail picture.

Carol and Bill said...

Doug and Nancy, We are getting winds every day. And this week temps in 60's next week temps over 90. UGH.
Sandy -The quail are hard to get pictures of they are so fast. I still see the colt.