Friday, October 29, 2021

Another day another dollar, but who cares when you are in Paradise.

Wrote this yesterday, but this a.m. got up at 5:10. Got up at 5:30 again this morning, need to stop going to bed early. Turned the furnace on so Bill won't freeze when he gets up. (He is cold if it is under 80 - it gets down to about 50 here at night.) Hopefully the welder gets here this morning so we won't have to sit in RV most of the day. My toes hit the riser of the patio slab. Hands landed on slab, knees skinned down side and landed in dirt. Hope that is my fall for this year. I seem to do it to my knees at least once a year. 

The welders taking down the broken arm piece. Luckily the electric wire just unplugged. It is fine. 
The awning hanging down over the door. Luckily today there is no breeze at all. 

Well hooray - after lots of plugging and unplugging the HDMI cord we got the Dish Anywhere working. Took a while to remember how to set it up. But it is only as good as the wifi here in the park which is highly unreliable. So we shall see. 

I am able to use my little finger to type today, My left hand palm is still pretty bruised and my poor deformed finger is getting more bruised. My shoulders are pretty stiff , that started last night. Not sore just feel it when I move them. My knees luckily are fine. One is a little swollen and has some bruising. But doesn't hurt. 

This finger has been deformed for years. 

The welder and his workers came about 2:00. He had the new brackets for the Jeep and installed them. Now it will be much easier to hook the safety cables. 

Hear they are working on the awning. Took three guys and quite a while to get the fixed piece back on and the wiring working, I was taking the pictures through the screen so they are a little blurry. 
Putting the electric cable back in place. 

The big test. IT WORKED. Even the worker said Thank God!
Not putting it out again until we are settled in Mazatlan. The fix of the awning and the new brackets on the Jeep cost 2000 Pesos a little less than US$100.
To celebrate we went out to dinner at the Italian restaurant that is right next to the campground. Forgot to take pictures. I had spaghetti and Bill had Chicken Picota - both were very good. Outside seating, excellent service. Nice breeze - ocean view. 

Also yesterday he took all the keys we had to have replaced over to the Locksmith next door and had extras made. 
The Dish Anywhere is working fine - as long as the park's Internet is working, so sometimes fades in and out. Altogether yesterday was a very good day. 
Today we are going into Guaymas to try to get a MiFi for here in Mexico. 

4 comments:

Grandma on the Road said...

I HATE curbs in campgrounds because while i have not completely fallen, I have tripped and come close several times! Sorry you have hit your knees again, and is your finger OK? It looks sore.

Take it easy from now on. Also, you make me glad I have a manual awning!

SandyM said...

Oh dear, I could feel the impact when I looked at your poor hand. Hope all heals up well for you.

Carol and Bill said...

Judy - little finger is still sore, makes typing weird. So far the last few days have gone okay. We are getting a little water from the campgrounds spigot and the Internet is mostly good so I can watch races.
Sandy - I'm a tough old broad - they look worse then they are. I'm wondering if maybe I broke the little finger - it was always so deformed its hard to tell, but there is a new lump on it. Oh well.

Kathy Tycho said...

I did a volleyball slide a few years ago down in Playa Sur taking my camera for repairs. Skinned my toes and really smashed my left palm and the fatty part of my thumb. Surprisingly it wasn't broken. The repair guy said walk on the street the sidewalks are too dangerous😂 So many little bones in hands and feet. Luckily you have strong bones and a good attitude..glad you're okay. Got into Maz yesterday afternoon. Hot and steamy and the geckos have been having a field day in the house. Just filthy. FYI there are two new restaurants at the front of the park on Felipes property.