Tuesday, October 18, 2022

First day on the road -did an edit

I went for a walk around the block 2160 steps, better than nothing, and took some pictures. Can't do a blog without pictures 

We are in Quartzsite for tonight then on to Gila Bend for a night then Amado for a week. Of course all plans are subject to change. 

And I did take one picture yesterday. Leaving home. 



We finally had good health and weather so got on the road at ten in the morning. Stopped just off I-40 to have lunch for 1/2 hour then down through Lake Havasu City through their 23 signal lights!! Got to Quartzsite about 3 o'clock. 215 miles, but our old bodies were tired when were got here. Had some hea vy winds south of Searchlight to the I-40. Then they calmed down some. All roads good except for that one stretch of I-40 from the Arizona border to the turn off for Havasu. Some one needs to repave that stretch. Gasoline prices are flower here than in Nevada. $3.99 - 4.25. Diesel 5.30 to 5.60.

Got settled in. Yeah - every things worked like it is supposed to. Slides went out, levelers went down, TV came on and our Verizon MiFi is working. For some reason I have never been able to sign into the wifi here at this campground. Even the generator started right up when Bill checked it. Water pump worked while on road and AC came on. Always a relief when that happens. 

Didn't take any pictures yesterday while on road. Same old, same old scenery. But the desert is really green this year. 

The day before we left home I noticed a whole bunch of something flying around our back yard. On closer look I realized they were butterflies. Here is the only picture I managed to get of one of them. Beautiful. A half hour later they were all gone.  Going south I guess. 

That is it for today.  Well not really. Went for a walk around the block. Here's some pictures from it. Look at all the "arms" on this guy. 
Oh my. there used to be an amazing sculpture of a camel here. 
Where we are staying Shady Lane RV $25 a night for 30 amps. Pull through, level site with all utilities. Clean bathrooms. Still pretty empty. We are earlier than usual this year. Though saw several rigs out in the desert already.
Hummm
The other side. A lot of work in it. 
Two neat bird houses. Noticed as I passed there was a table with several different ones on it for sale. 
A painted big truck tire. 
My two favorite desert plants. 

Fun walk. But it was getting hot.

9 comments:

Allen schoppenhorst said...

Safe travels!! And have a wonderful day

Carol and Bill said...

Well Hello - so good to hear from you.

Mark said...

Oh goody, we all get to follow you on your adventure. Safe travels my friends. See you soon enough...

Anonymous said...

Travel safe. We will try again this year to get down there .

Ruth's Life is Good said...

Hope you have a terrific trip. We look forward to following along.

Nancy Kissack said...

I take an exit in Needles and bypass Havasu. Too many stop lights for me, unless you want food ... there's no food on that route. I love all the quirky pictures from Q. I don't think I've seen half of those things and I'm there every year! Definitely green ... we had double the monsoon season we usually have. Hope it cools off soon.

Jackie McGuinness said...

Safe travels. After 35 days on the road, we are quite happy to park ourselves at home!

Carol and Bill said...

Thanks every one for safe travel wishes. Will try to keep the blog up as much as I can, but internet will get sporadic once we cross the border until we get out own again in Mazatlan.
Nancy, I prefer the road out of Needles, but Bill doesn't like it - so 23 stop lights! I was just walking the blocks around the RV park. Today on the other side of the highway.
I know what you mean about getting home. I'll be glad to get to Mazatlan.

Contessa said...

Looks like a monarch butterfly.