Sunday, March 20, 2022

Been home a little over a week

 We've been home a little over a week and I think we've caught up on everything that needed catching up. The RV is mostly cleaned and still in its empty lot parking place. And I've got all the laundry, dusting, vacuuming and mopping done here in the house. Also managed to get in another 10,000 steps day. Friday went with the walking group again. We did over 8700 steps. I came home and they were still going. 

A couple of things I saw on our walk. Interesting little bush. 

I would have loved to seen this being put on this lot with all the trees. Guess they came in from the corners. Wow.
Another pretty blooming bush. 
Yesterday and today are my relaxing days. Doing nothing but watching NASCAR and working on a new puzzle. 

Today it is pretty cool out only in the high 60's and the wind is howling. Gusts up to 50 mph. Stuck my nose out and almost got blown over. 

Cooked a really good dinner Thursday night. Chicken pieces sauteed with mushrooms and garlic. Then add Italian spices, salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar. To that add chopped red bell pepper, zucchini and yellow squash slices and asparagus pieces. Cook until veggies done. Very good. Tastes and looks great. Only one p an to clean. Also had noodles with olive oil and herbs. Next time I feel like cooking might try lasagna. With out real meat. 

Had a pretty sunrise again the other morning over the desert. 

Just went out to look at the front yard plants. Well I guess it is the side yard but it is where our front door is. (never use that door.) The lantana are coming back great. The bougainvillea are getting some leaves. Next week we are supposed to have some very sunny and warm weather so they should enjoy that. 
Other than that not much going on. Will walk again tomorrow. But maybe not so far. I need to start a project or two before I start getting bored. I should go pick up my piece of glass so I can finish the window I started over a year ago. And want to make a cover for an RV pillow that needs one. Or maybe make brownies. 

4 comments:

SandyM said...

Make brownies and then do all the other things on your list! Thanks for your post. Cool and windy here, too, seems like the wind has been strong the last few months every where. Wish I could find a walking group - it helps to have others encourage you and walk with you.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, I was just thinking that you need some projects and sure enough that thought was the end of your post. We are meanly ready to leave but still doing packing up.

Contessa

Doug and Nancy said...

You are making me tired with all that you have gotten done in a week!!!

Carol and Bill said...

Sandy - still haven't made the brownies, thought I'd better wait until I've eaten the cookies. Yes having someone to walk with makes it a lot easier to get going.
Contessa - only project I've started is a puzzle and moved my stained glass to the big table. When do you leave?
Doug and Nancy - never again doing all of it in a week. Ended up being completely exhausted for the weekend. Feel human today, shorter walk too.