Thursday, March 24, 2022

Got almost to 90 degrees today

I hope this is just an anomaly - the 90 degree weather so early in March. Luckily by next Monday it is supposed to go back to normal in high 70's low 80's.  I went out in the garage to take some pictures of the glass project and it was too hot to stay out there. 

So here are the pictures. This one just shows the wood and metal pieces I put around the window to keep the pieces together as they are cut and shaped. About 1 3/4 inches from the wood pieces in will be the border glass that I finally got. You can barley see the lines for the border. 

This is the border glass, it is transparent with a knobby texture and with strips and dots of yellow glass scattered through out it. Very expensive and hard to cut. It likes to break when trying to cut strips. So fingers crossed.
Not a good picture but can see the wood and metal strips. They are not part of the finished window, they just hold the pieces together when working on it. The center piece is done as far as cutting and shaping and tacking together. Then there will be a whole bunch of different colors between it and the borders. Each piece has to be cut shaped and fitted in. Then they all have to have copper foil covering the raw edges, then soldered together. 
It will eventually look something like this. This is the one I made years ago to cover a broken front window in Indiana. But gives an idea of how it will look. It will be about 22 x 32 when finished. Someday. See the leaf and butterfly. There is stuff in front of it so couldn't get the whole piece in the picture. 
My poor little plant I thought the gardener killed is finally starting to show some signs of life. One little bud on it so guess he meant it when he said it would be fine in a week or two. (the green is a stem from a bougainvillea)
And that is all that has been going on around here today. Not sure if I'll walk tomorrow or not. My foot is really bothering me. Will see in the morning, I really want to see the rest of the art? in the wetlands.

1 comment:

Contessa said...

I have been reading bits and pieces and now I am going back to here and reading each post. Sorry about your foot, too much too soon? Love your stained glass work. Why don't you make something to add to the wetlands art?