Monday, August 21, 2017

And the Rain came down

The best laid plans...We brought the RV to the house last night so we could get an early start this morning loading up. Just before I went to bed last night I thought - do I hear rain? No there was only a 10% chance of rain...Hum, opened the door. Sure enough rain, but not much and not for long. Good. 
Yesterday afternoon I'd finished putting the black patina on my window. And during the evening I put the polish on it. When the polish dried I buffed it all off. This is the back side of the window. Will finish the front - just have to polish it when we get home. It really looks pretty when up to the light. 
Guess I didn't understand the weather forecast for today. This is what we woke up to this morning. Lightening and thunder and lots of black clouds and rain. 
No matter what direction we looked. Between showers we did manage to get most everything into the RV. Not taking much this time as we are planning a two week trip. You can see the rain coming down. 
One lightening flash was followed immediately - no time between it and the thunder. Didn't smell any smoke or hear any sirens.
We did have to go out to run a couple of errands. Had to mail the quilt I just finished for great grandson, had to go to JoAnn's to get some plastic material for the table and then to WalMart to get a new white hose and a few groceries. It was about 9:30 when I took this picture. No hope of seeing any of the eclipse here today. 
Skies cleared about mid afternoon so we finished up what we had to do in/to RV. I even managed to clean the whole house and do all the laundry. Just have the last of the food and the electronics to put in RV. Ready to go to sleep all ready, hope I can keep my eyes open till time to go to bed. 
We're going to be staying just south east of Sedona, AZ just outside of Cottonwood. There is a 1000 Trails campground there that we like. Not much cooler there but it will give us something to do for a few days. It's about 300 miles there but most of it is freeway - if you can call the I-40 freeway. 

No comments: