Sunday, February 6, 2022

A mixture of this and that

 Like the title says just a mixture of things as we really haven't been doing very much. This is from a week or so ago I forgot I took it. It is the oysterman from Cerritos. Cracking open the oysters for sale. There might be some sound. 


This is the oral surgeon's waiting room  When we got there they had just finished putting out a disinfecting fog into the air.  Wow could hardly see or breath. Went away quick though. 
That was Thursday morning. Bill is still hurting quite a bit. And still has some swelling on his face. So we have pretty much been home bound. He'll feel okay for a while but then it starts in throbbing again. Hopefully today or tomorrow it will start getting better. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed the antibiotics got rid of the infection so that it doesn't complicate things. 
These are the guys working on the new home just south of the RV park. They run around up there like they were on flat land. I think this top layer is going to be a roof deck/garden. The part they are standing on is probably the stairway up to it. With the windows open we can hear them talking and singing and laughing. Enjoying their work I guess. They are on what would be the third floor. 
They are making some kind of frame using lengths of wood.

Feeling okay for a while, Bill out covering the Jeep to keep the bird poop off of it. Also part of our garden. 
Just a "tropical" shot for every one who is snowed in.  Speaking of snow the weather here has changed the last couple of days. Quite a bit colder and even some rain. Wind is cold coming from the north. The towns up in the mountains are getting quite a bit of snow.  
I like the way the time share across the street labels its plants. 
We have some of these in our planters but ours are really small. 
The header is last nights sunset. Magnificent. I didn't look out until it was too late to get the drone up. Need to remember to check from now on. It is cloudy today so might stay that way until evening. I took a bunch of pictures so put them into a video instead of posting them one by one.  

Turn your sound up for this one below. I'm taking the movie of the clouds this morning, but what I'm really doing is recording the sound the Chakalakas make every morning. They are LOUD.
I finally found them, but then they shut up. 

Walking away from me. Like Ha Ha - I'm going to be quiet now. 
Today is the first NASCAR race of the season in the new type car. The #18 has the pole - I think. At least he qualified for it. But this is a non points race so not sure how that works out as there will be heat races to set the final running order. 

4 comments:

Grandma on the Road said...

You are right--those birds would wake you up in the morning. Do they stomp around on your roof, as well? In certain parts of the country, I am woken up by heavy-footed birds on my roof.

And in the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, the squirrels eat pine nuts, but they don't eat them in the trees. The cut off entire pine cones and let them fall to the forest floor, which of course means I kept getting cones hitting my roof from early morning until dusk!

Carol and Bill said...

Judy -they sound like elephants on the roof.

Unknown said...

I would like to know how much he sells the oysters for. Thank you

Carol and Bill said...

I have no idea what he charges. If we go back there and I remember I'll try to find out. Not something I eat so haven't checked.