Friday, November 25, 2022

Why we love spending time in Mazatlan

 We finally did it. We had Thanksgiving dinner at Fat Fish. RIBS. I forgot to take the picture until after I started to eat. Shame on me. The ribs hung over both sides of the plate. Dinner was a green salad, coleslaw, baked potato, garlic bread and RIBS and coke. Bill had the same things. Their special is now two meals for 300 pesos. Can't beat the price and love the ribs. 

The last couple of days we went to Centro once and I have been walking - yesterday my walk was 2.6 miles. By the end of the day I had in 8400 steps. Also been watching the World Cup soccer games.
A couple of days ago we went to Centro to pick up Bill's last pair of glasses he got new lenses in. 
Working to keep the Malecon very clean. 
A very hazy day. There were two cruise ships in so we got an early start heading towards Centro. 
Looking back at the Malecon. I like the sidewalks with their patterns. 
Also lots of street cleaners working hard. 
An unexpected detour, As we rounded a curve we had to make a sudden detour. We didn't see the yellow tape across the road, Good thing there was someone there to catch our attention. Just setting up the detour. No idea why.  So here is a short video of the video. I goofed and deleted the last half of it by mistake. So it just kind of ends... Click here to view it full screen. There is some commentary with it. 


Driving  through a part of town we haven't been through in a long time. In fact I wasn't sure where we were..

Interesting building. Looks like it might have been a government building of some kind. Just guessing. 

Some thing about don't leave bags of trash, they won't be picked up. 
Oh, I remember seeing this old home before - guess we are going the right direction. 
Wish someone would buy it and restore it. Wonder who it belonged to.
Looks like this is a small hotel or bnb.  It looks like it was built a long time ago. 
Please restore me! Give me some TLC!
Now I know where we are. We used to take this street into Centro a few years ago. the trees on the right used to be huge, looks like they got some drastic trimming. 
Another building in need of TLC/ 
We parked and had breakfast at Gaia in the Plazuela Machado. Look who is playing with his phone!
View from our table. 

Bill's breakfast, omelet and hash browns.

My breakfast, again forgot to take photo before starting to eat, French toast with berries and whipped cream. Very good. 

Left restaurant and heading to optometrist. Just an interesting building. 
How come I never saw this set of doors before? I know we've walked this way before. 
Oh my gosh, last year this was a small restaurant - coffee house. All gone now. Wonder what happened. 
One of my favorite buildings in Centro It was originally built in 1847 by a French man. It's called the Reynard building. The balconies surrounded by tile are amazing. All tiles originally from France.
Balconies and tiles and wood trim. 
Even tile on the corners of the building.
And tile designs under the balconies.
We got to the optometrist and he was closed...By then I was too hot to walk any further so home we went. But I continued to take pictures...more tomorrow. There are just so many neat things to see here - just walking or riding around. 

2 comments:

Liz Tabor said...

I'm so looking forward to Fat Fish again!!!!

Carol and Bill said...

Liz - it was good!
Kathy - It is so sad to some of these wonderful buildings just falling apart. Wish I was a zillioner and could fix them all.