Friday, November 26, 2021

Just out and about

Just spent 10 minutes going through comments removing people who probably didn't even read the blog. Selling stuff and hackers. I hope it discourages them when they are removed. They always wait a couple of days before they post. 

I think it was Wednesday we went across the street to eat dinner again. - I already cooked ONCE this week! Any way, there is a two person table right next to the windows that we like to sit at. Always has a great breeze coming in and great view of the sunsets. So these are from then. Just before the sun set.

On Tuesdays and Wednesdays Rafael the guitarist and singer we go to see in the Plazuela Machado plays at Torres. He was just setting up to get ready to play. We usually go around four thirty or five, so we are done before he begins as the people staying in the hotel fill the restaurant, as they should. Just had a chance to talk to him a little. 
The end of the sunset. 

By Thursday morningit was getting really cloudy with gray clouds out. 
Seemed to me like a good time to take a short walk.  The workers on this new building next door have really made a lot of progress on it. And all the dirt that was in the campground is gone and a concrete block wall has been built. 

I went out front to walk the new bicycle path for a short ways. Love these big beautiful trees growing in the  medium. 
Looks like this one suffered some hurricane damage.
The bike path had more walkers then bikes on it. 
It is really nice to walk on, lots of shade. 
A close up of the surface. I thought it was rubber pieces but on closer look I think it is pebbles covered by some sort of rubberized paint. Very smooth and comfortable to walk on. 
I did not go very far as the humidity was getting to me. The bike path goes from the Marina to the ocean at Cerritos. Back in the park the clouds were getting darker. No rain though. 
One corner of our patio and our flowers. 
The other corner. Today they have all perked up again. 
There are now 11 RVs in the park - I think for the winter. Thought there would be more by now. 
It is gloomy and trying to rain today. With rain forecast for Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. So we will see if it does or doesn't. 


4 comments:

gumo said...

I liked the photos, especially the crooked tree. Thanks!

Kathy Tycho said...

We really enjoyed having dinner at Torres on Monday and I was surprised how busy it got..Mexican fiesta night!Torres doesn't look busy from the beach but there were lots of people eating.

SandyM said...

Very nice of you to share so many photos with your readers. I love the leaning tree. The building you showed as you walked out of the park is it an apartment building or hotel? That path looks very inviting and would be a great place to get your steps in for the day. Sure would enjoy a breakfast at Torres…..maybe one year soon.

Carol and Bill said...

Gumo - I didn't even notice the tree until you mentioned it. I think last year it had a lot more branches and leaves - looks like the hurricane did a number on it.
Kathy - when we go there for dinner we go about 4:30 before it gets busy, and even then a lot of the tables are already reserved. the food there is much better than last couple of years.
Sandy - don't know what the building will be I imagine apartments as it is part of the housing project. I have got to get out walking, but just too humid for me.