Thursday, August 4, 2016

Rereading posts from last August

Look at this - 7:30 in the morning. Haven't seen it this cool for over a month. Enjoying it. Have all the door and windows open letting in the breeze. Only problem is I can't go walking as it is still raining. Not pouring, just a heavy drizzle. Only supposed to reach 99 today but humidity is WAY up so will probably feel worse than 110. 
No sunrise this morning just a lighter sky and rain.
We had a lot of rain during the night and lightening and thunder. Some streets are still closed this a.m. due to standing water.
About 10:00 last night we were watching TV when suddenly we lost the satellite signal. Looked outside to see this. Of course I always had the camera pointed the wrong way when a big flash would go off. Lots of wind and some thunder. Then the rain started. Rained off and on most of the night. 
This morning while posting the pictures I seemed to remember some rain the same time last year so I check back to the blog for a year ago today. This is a post from about a year ago The pictures below are today's' pictures of the same areas last year. While there I also read most of August's 2015 posts. I should send them to my doctor then he'll know why my blood pressure was so high. It is funny now, but not so much then. 


Things sure look different now. 
It stayed cool all day today, and now I see on the radar that there is another potential storm coming. Wish it would stay like this for a couple of days. Oh well, guess if I wanted rain and humidity I should have stayed in Indiana.
We drove across town this morning to walk around the Ikea. Boy I forgot how much stuff they sell. Could certainly furnish a whole place from there. A little too modern/cold style for me though. 
Stopped at the Black Bear Diner for lunch. Then stopped to pick up some prescriptions I refilled for both me and Bill. Mine were there Bill's weren't!! CVS hates him. We filled the original prescriptions at the same time but for some reason we can't refill his until the 12th!!! AARRGGHH...
When we picked up the mail my digital card for my sewing machine was in it. And it works great. Phew. Always wonder when I buy from eBay and the item is used. But at least I've got it now. 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the way you decorated your home. It is so bright and cheerful.

Grandma on the Road said...

Try the IKEA crepes in the frozen food department. I add just a bit of sugar to their liggonberry preserves and heat it up to put on the crepes. Yum! They also have these pink whipped cream and cake things that are frozen that I like also.

FYI, I am headed east to Michigan and Ohio and have already hit mosquito areas. Even if it is hot in Las Vegas, be thankful you don't have biting critters.

Carol and Bill said...

Bill loves loganberry - and I'm the Swede and don't like them. Will have to buy some next time we're in the neighborhood. Thanks.
I don't miss the bugs for sure.

Carol and Bill said...

Thank you. I like bright colors scattered here and there.

Phil said...

Are your refrigerator doors reversible? Many are. Maybe you'd like them to hinge on the left. When I moved to Phoenix many years ago, I moved into a brand new 33 unit studio apartment complex. One day when were around the pool, the subject came up, and about 2/3rds of us had the wrong refrigerators. In about 10 minutes, most of us paired off with somebody who needed ours. It turned out that they had ordered the right number of each, but didn't bother to put them in the correct apartments. Since then, I've always noticed when the doors are hinged on the wrong side. Those were cheap single door refrigerators, without reversible doors.