Saturday, August 6, 2016

Up way to early

Woke up at 4:30 this morning. Way too early. Nothing on TV so fooled with computer until it started to get a little light out. But it was nice and cool out, low 80s. Since yesterday we've got some new yard art. Yes that is the Jeep in the back yard. Kind of disrupts the view of the desert from the patio. There is no room for it in the garage, my convertible is in there and all of Bill's work shelving. Can't park it in the street, against rules. The driveway is too short unless we park it sideways, then we'd have to move it every time we took the other car out. And Bill doesn't want to put any unnecessary miles on the Jeep. My car, a 1998 only has 75000 miles on it. We were parking the Jeep in the driveway of the empty house next door, but it is now in the process of being bought. So.....
HELLO WILLIE!
 After a cup of coffee I decided I'd get myself in gear and take a walk. Sun was just starting to light up the wetlands. 
 I could hear these guys way before I saw them. 
Walked two miles. Took me not quite 40 minutes. I just enjoy myself, not land speed records here. 
Watched the news. Then time for NASCAR - qualifying and a race. So I spent some time in the sewing room watching the cars and doing the pieces of embroidery that I'll use to make a new wall/window hanging. Got them all done. Now have to trim them and pick out the material for the borders. 

Boy I ate something last night that sure didn't agree with me. I figure I'm about 10 pounds lighter now. Glad I took my walk early. Fell asleep on the couch right after the race ended, slept for a couple of hours. Feel great now. 
We were in Home Depot yesterday when I noticed a big display of Coke, Fanta and Sprite with a big sign saying, "Made in Mexico."
All three drinks have a very different flavor when made in Mexico. We were once told it is because they use real sugar. Don't know if that is true or not, but coke for sure tastes different.
We were just talking and I realized I graduated from high school 60 years ago this past June. Senior picture. Lots of water under the bridge since then. 



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Carol, you are so talented. Wish I had your skills. Your Graduation pic is really pretty I graduated 53 years ago. Boy time does fly.

Carol and Bill said...

the sewing machine does all the work I just sit and watch it. it is addictive - once I start I want to keep making things.